BIG change to TV Tome
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BIG change to TV Tome

Default BIG change to TV Tome

TV Tome has totally gone now, replaced by some new flashy TV.com, it looks good but its far too commercial.

Its removed all the friendliness of TV Tome, and there malcolm in the middle editor keeps stealing our top stories.

If you have the time, check back frequently to check the MITM editor isn't stealing any of our stuff - episode guides, spoilers etc. At least with credit anyway.

Any thoughts on the new TV Tome - does TV Tome leach from specific fansites?

Default Re: BIG change to TV Tome

Well, design-wise, it looks nice, but it's really slow. I mean, I feel lag whenever I try to do anything and I have a cable modem, so I can't imagine what dial-up users are experiencing!

Anyway, it seems like they're trying to get rid of every other TV show on the net! I mean, they even rate every episode now. That used to be what was unique about the VC. CNET is taking over the Internet; I swear, soon every site is going to be branded by CNET.

What do you meen they steal your headlines?

PS: Check your Private Messages Admin

without you mean?
    In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly crazy -Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by MITM18
    What do you meen they steal your headlines?
    Thats exactly what I mean, we find the MITM stories, and then a few hours later they appeared on TV Tome. I worked it out, because some of our stories were found a few months after they were actually released ie the Frankie buying a new home story, and I had just put it in for a bit of a filler. I am not complaining about that really. I just don't like the new design really - they have removed features such as "links" to fansites. Clearly attempts to make themsleves the only tv sites around. Luckily their MITM forum is dead - and I hope it stays like that

Couldnt it just be that they are finding news headlines on malcom in the middle aswell?

Its not like your stories are exclusive

@MITM18 it's not like you're the exclusive person that has exclusive content.

@David: yes, they're trying to monopolize the television sector of the Internet--CNET is trying to monopolize everything, but the forums are prolly dead right now because they replaced them when tv.com replaced tvtome.com

Quote Originally Posted by yardgames
    @MITM18 it's not like you're the exclusive person that has exclusive content.
    Not following you, whatever

Please note that this thread is a discussion about the changes to TV Tome, and not a tit for tat arguement about who gets news for the site.

MITM18 only gets spoilers and spoiler related clips, I get all the other news via my own variety of sources - hopefully that will clear up anything the "news" argument in this thread.

Back on topic, yeah I noticed they replaced the forums. I don't think the forums on TV Tome did particulary well, it could take up to a week sometimes to get a reply to posts, so I doubt these ones will do much better.

I much preferred TV Tome as it was. Maybe it's just because I'm used to it, after using it to get information about TV shows for about a year, but I preferred the layout and everything. But now I guess I'll just have to use TV.com.

Maybe once we get used to it, it won't seem too bad.

Andy Gibb aged 12 (1970) and River Phoenix