Favourite School Subjects
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Favourite School Subjects

Default Favourite School Subjects

What are or were your favourite subjects at school? Are you a maths wizz or a sports man?

Personally I have 2 favourite subjects, probably both of which most of you hate!

Chemistry and Biology

Default Re: Favourite School Subjects

Chemistry all the way, i cant stand biology.. Chemistry beats em all!

Math or History...can't decide. I have more fun going into math suff on my own, and I'm good at it. History: I like the class but it's more of a hobby than a career interest or anything serious.

I don't mind Bio. I actually love the evolution/genetics/succession etc. part of it. The part I don't like as much (but don' hate either) is the more chem related stuff i.e. operons, photosystems etc. (although Krebs cycle is pretty cool).

And, needless to say, I HATE CHEMISTRY. The class is fun, but the subject sucks. It makes sense, but is not logical i.e. once you know the answer, you can works backwards but you can't figure it out; you have to know the rules. Physics is sooooo much better. It's LOGICAL!!
    In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly crazy -Homer Simpson

Math, History, and Science. History is like a thing that just came to me wheather I liked it or hot, so I liked it. Science and Math is just that I Like it, and need it if I want to become an aeronautical engineer (Design ships/airplanes, maybe spaceplanes).
    The jerk formerly known as J.

You're ambitious, J. I bet you already know where you're going to college, too.

Now that I'm doing A-levels, the only subjects I'm doing are English Literature, History and Drama. (I'd have preferred to have taken English Language, but it clashed with Drama, so I had to take Lit.) English and History have always been two of my favourite subjects; I started liking Drama in Year Eight, and I really liked Religious Education when I did it, as well.

Andy Gibb aged 12 (1970) and River Phoenix

I like English, biology and physical education. English is just cool becaus e i don'T have to learn anything, because we don't get any vocabulary or something to learn, we just get texts, read and discuss them... (and we actually don'T get any homework ). Then i'm pretty interested in biology, but actually the only reason why i like the subject is that our teacher gives you good grades for nothing. even if don't know anything you'll get a D. That means that if you just learn a tiny little bit, you'll get a B...

So you're a lazy one, huh? Get something for nothing? Everything comes at a price, you know....you'll soon wish that maybe you had learned something more.

It's interesting to learn about work ethics of the people here. For example, J. works his butt off and travels all over the country playing his trumpet, and Dabney is happy with physical education and getting good grades for doing nothing.

Thinking back to it, my favourites were English, Biology and Physics. And now that I understand it, I even like Chemistry. I studied the anorganic Chemistry for about 3 Months, and now, knowing about the basics, it's easy.

Physics was one of my favourites in the later years, because we learned all about the relativity theory, the quantum mechanics and that kind of stuff. Light speed, wormholes and time travel fascinated me since I was a child (I was a Star Trek fan when I was a kid ), so I am pretty sad that there is no subject like Astronomy in school.

I liked English because my English teacher really knew how to teach us. It was hard, but fair. And I think my English isn't that bad now. And I like the language itself. Sometimes more than German.

I didn't mind Maths, I hated History and Geography (I never payed attention to what teachers said in that subject - I have informed myself about Geography after school when I had time, because now I know that it's very important. Even the political actions, and that it's important to know what's going on all around the earth, but I still hate history, the only interesting things were vikings (heavy metal, eat meat, kill strangers, hell yeah )).

So the only big gap in my knowledge is history.

We just got Astronomy as a new class next year at my school--pretty popular choice, really.

Good to see you back, arach. Laptop all fixed now? Monitor normal, and keyboard working? Or did you finally just buy a new one?