Your finale episode

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I don't know how there's any way they could do the finale without it being sad. Indirectly, maybe, but I don't know how an MITM fan could watch the series finale and not be sad with whatever they show. Sort of like a tearful laugh, maybe, like the last scene in Reese Comes Home where the brothers reunite. Or at the end of Krelboyne Picnic, when Malcolm's family has realized he's a genius, and treat him with the exact same crap.

Ryebeach

I agree, regardless of what they end up doing for the finale it will be sad, which is okay with me, to a degree. As I've said previously, I cetainly hope they don't end the show with a death or another sad event. But I would certainly like the show to end on a bittersweet note with all the family together and happy to be together and to realize all at once that without each other, life just wouldn't be the same. That was done at the end of "Reese Comes Home" last season as yardgames mentioned and I think a scene like that followed by a subtle comedic moment would be a good way for the finale to close.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
The writers really have their hands full constructing the perfect finale episode--not too sappy, but it still needs to feel like an end.

I hope theres not too much sentimentality in the finale eppisode, often in these circumstances the eppisodes are filled with retrospective sentimentality, resulting in a lack of comedy. I feel there should be a small amount, but if it dominates it becomes boring.

samboo1

The ending of mitm....

I've always wondered what the last episode of mitm is going to be like. In my opinion i think i will last an hour and will show what happens to each of the family members in the end, and what they finally decide to do with their life.
I would be interested to know what you think, and when the time comes, see who was most accurate! So please tell me what you think the final episode of mitm is going to be like!

arach

Re: The ending of mitm....

Maybe you should merge them then. ;)

And maybe you, samboo, should use the search function on top of the page before opening another thread, to find out whether there exists a topic like that already or not.

samboo1

ok. I did'nt know about the search function and that will help since i have done many threads that have been merged. Also i dont know how to merge threads so i dont know how to merge this.:(

yardgames

Retired Administrator

Samboo is doing an admirable job starting threads, please continue samboo! You've started some interesting topics; just that we've already discussed some of them in the past, lol. Don't worry about them being repeats, that's for the mods to take care of. J., in the future, feel free to merge the threads instead of posting the link; samboo, only mods can merge threads, so don't worry about that either.

In conclusion, keep doing what you're doing, and us mods will take care of the clean-up.

allison

I´m pretty sure there won´t be a sappy ending. I mean we´re talking about mitm and I don´t think they ever made a sappy ending, so why would they do that in the very last episode? But still I agree with you all that it will be sad no matter what happens in this episode. Just because it will be the end of a great show.
I was wondering about one thing: I know they usually film the episodes about 2 or 3 months before they will be aired (correct me if I´m wrong) and of course the episodes are written earlier. Bryan, Frankie and Justin said they don´t know for sure if this is going to be the last season, but they can imagine it. It probably also depends on the popularity of the show and if people still watch it. So when are they approximately going to decide if this is the last season? Because if it was they would have to write a final episode within the next months. Sorry if this is a stupid question.

Ryebeach

allison said:
I´m pretty sure there won´t be a sappy ending. I mean we´re talking about mitm and I don´t think they ever made a sappy ending, so why would they do that in the very last episode? But still I agree with you all that it will be sad no matter what happens in this episode. Just because it will be the end of a great show.
I was wondering about one thing: I know they usually film the episodes about 2 or 3 months before they will be aired (correct me if I´m wrong) and of course the episodes are written earlier. Bryan, Frankie and Justin said they don´t know for sure if this is going to be the last season, but they can imagine it. It probably also depends on the popularity of the show and if people still watch it. So when are they approximately going to decide if this is the last season? Because if it was they would have to write a final episode within the next months. Sorry if this is a stupid question.
This is a great question and I think it can go one of two ways. First, the cast, crew, producers and network could all decide collectively fairly early on that this is the final season and the writers can then create episodes all leading up to a wonderful series finale. The other option is good for our hopes but not necessarily good for the show. The network could decide not to make a decision until late in the season, April or the upfronts in May next year which would be too late for MITM to come up with and produce a series finale like we all want the show to have. Their options would be to shoot two finales, one just a season and the other a series and then based upon the networks decision, air the appropriate one at the end of the season, although that may well be cost prohibitive with contractual obligations and all.

packer-backer

I also think it should it should end with malcolm talking to the camera. I think it should be almost the same thing as in the cold opener of the first episode. Just like seinfeld where in the last scene of the final episode they almost exactly repeat the first scene from the first episode. ( The middle button.) Only instead of introducing them he should say how they turn out 5 or 6 years down the road.