Justin Berfield auditioning for Anakin Skywalker!

Richiepiep

Administrator
I didn't know that Justin Berfield was one of the boys auditioning for the role of Anakin Skywalker in "Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace", back in 1997.

Watch for evidence!

Three thousand kids invited, Justin and Haley Joel Osment (!) among them, and they chose ... Jake Lloyd!

Well, I guess that's something to be expected from George Lucas who can make even great actors like Liam Neeson and Ewan McGregor look like amateurs. As you can see, Jake is actually not doing too badly. I guess George's more interested in filling up the screens with chaotic CGI (because he can!) than writing a single decent line of dialogue or dealing properly with living actors as opposed to dummies, ghouls and robots. :eek:

Anyway, I thought the whole idea of showing Anakin as a tiny kid for a whole movie was injudicious anyway, they should have shown him as a young teen, which would have made a lot more sense acting-wise.

Rich

Last edited:

Gouki

Around when does Justin show up? Because I really couldn't be bothered watching the whole thing and just kind of fast forwarded through and missed him.

Richiepiep

Administrator
Around when does Justin show up? Because I really couldn't be bothered watching the whole thing and just kind of fast forwarded through and missed him.

By Jove, art thou a member of the fast forward generation?! Remember that patience is still the mother of all virtues. To wit, Justin already appears at 0:17 seconds! Soon enough to be commensurate with the length of thy attention span?

Fie!

:euro: Richard :euro:

Gouki

By Jove, art thou a member of the fast forward generation?! Remember that patience is still the mother of all virtues. To wit, Justin already appears at 0:17 seconds! Soon enough to be commensurate with the length of thy attention span?

Fie!

:euro: Richard :euro:

I don't have much time for a movie with Jake Lloyd, let alone behind the scenes that shows he bad decision being made.