Favourite Ever Single Scene...

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Lol, Mr.Waffles is great.:D
Anyways, this question is really tough, cause there are so many. But Ill have to say I love the scene in "Lois's Birthday" when, at the end, the boys and Hal get into that huge fight with all the clowns.:D It was touching and funny at the same time.;)
Another favorite of mine was, of course, the candyman scene with Francis and the cadets.:D

PBUNDY

My favorite scene is when Lois is in labor with Dewey in the rain and Hal's pledging his loving devotion to her. I've noticed that this scene happens to be many people's favorite.

MITM ALUM

Wow! What a great walk down memory lane! Thank you, all, for being so complimentary and for for reminding me how hard we had to work to pull off the physical comedy that was unique to this show. Clown fight, car duel, stilts, etc. We never did the "ordinary." I had the honor of hiring over 175 different stunt persons on our show. I had gold medalists (Tara Lipinski) 3 time Olympians ( the race walkers ) and world champions ( Stevie's stunt double for the street luge race ) among many others. But this thread is about favorite scenes. So I'll throw out one that hasn't been mentioned. It took the bee "wrangler" ( one of the best in his field) and myself 45 minutes to cover Bryan with nearly 15,000 live honey bees for one line in "Bots and the Bees." He turns to camera and says ...
What? That was a classic MITM moment!

yardgames

Retired Administrator
The perfect MITM scene has to embody the spirit of the series and comedy all at once. I would say the clown fight is probably the best scene to accomplish that. But Lois' speech in Graduation would be another great one.

@Bobby, WOW! Bryan must have had some real guts to be covered with 15,000 live honey bees--I would have wanted a stunt double for that scene! :D

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
I can't believe he was covered with bees either! I always thought that was computer animation or something!:)
Anyways, Bobby, did you orchastrate the clown fight scene is "Lois's Birthday"? If so, great job! That's my favorite scene from the entire show(as I stated earlier)!:D

Evil King

F.A.Q Freak
I can keep on thinking and find LOADS. But the first two that comes to my mind both features Hal.

One of them is in the Rollerskates episode, the final scene where Hal reminds Malcolm of the dance, and Malcolm starts doing it! Not only was that hilarious but it also contributed towards Hal's Characteristic, showing that he wasreally an expert and knew what he was talking about (teaching).

The other is..

Spoiler for I can't remember the episode.. But it's the final scene, where it is literally Hal Vs. The Bee:

I probably have more favourite scenes, and probably even ones that I like more than these if I think of them.

Lozart

I liked the one where Hal plays basketball versus Malcolm, Reese, and Dewey
It was a tiebreaker and the kids had to do "The Play"
serious lol

Another one, after Reese comes out of the crate and thinks he's in China. He starts to fight Mike =P

Mike: Hey quit it.
Reese: Sorry, I don't speak Chinese jackass!
*gets beaten up*

There's like at least 2 good scenes for every episode :)

Evil King

F.A.Q Freak
There's like at least 2 good scenes for every episode :)

I agree, it's impossible to think of your favourite scene overall, but from each episode you will easily be able to justify your all time favourite.

For example, in the "Traffic Jam" episode I remember when Malcolms new friend says "Look at that crazy lady" and we see Lois destroying the emergency phone line.

Short but hilarious.

Last edited:

Lozart

Oh yeah I remember in Dewey's Opera.

Malcolm challenged Stevie into a Lube race.

At the end Stevie messed up and moved to the right and rolled onto a ramp.
Then the scene switched to where a guy was raking a huge pile of leaves.

I thought Stevie was going to land into it but then he crashed into the tree in the background. I lol'd for hours.

daytripper909

It's so hard to pick one, so here's two.

At the beginning of the Surgery episode when Hal is getting ready to compete in the "daily shaving olympics" and Lois announces breakfast is ready. Hal says "bacon day" and scrambles to get out of the bathroom but his shirt gets caught in the door and rips. He gets his shirt out but his pants get caught and rip, too. By the time he gets to the table with his clothes half ripped off and shaving cream still on his face all the bacon is gone. Cracks me up every time.

And the episode Jessica Stays Over where Hal is being menaced by the bee. Hal gets in the the car to find the bee is waiting inside for him. He manages to get the bee out of the car, but just when he thinks he's safe you see the bee right outside the car window. The music gets all intense and the bee rams the car. Hal rams it back and they continue to go back and forth. They go to an outside shot of the car and all you see is this crazy person swerving all over the road. Love it!

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
It's so hard to pick one, so here's two.

At the beginning of the Surgery episode when Hal is getting ready to compete in the "daily shaving olympics" and Lois announces breakfast is ready. Hal says "bacon day" and scrambles to get out of the bathroom but his shirt gets caught in the door and rips. He gets his shirt out but his pants get caught and rip, too. By the time he gets to the table with his clothes half ripped off and shaving cream still on his face all the bacon is gone. Cracks me up every time.

And the episode Jessica Stays Over where Hal is being menaced by the bee. Hal gets in the the car to find the bee is waiting inside for him. He manages to get the bee out of the car, but just when he thinks he's safe you see the bee right outside the car window. The music gets all intense and the bee rams the car. Hal rams it back and they continue to go back and forth. They go to an outside shot of the car and all you see is this crazy person swerving all over the road. Love it!

Welcome daytripper909, we hope you enjoy your stay if you need any help email me from the link below.

MalcolmFun

The perfect MITM scene has to embody the spirit of the series and comedy all at once. I would say the clown fight is probably the best scene to accomplish that.

I'll agree with that. That one scene captured many different aspects of this show. Who would ever think an intellectual discussion of the psychology of the family relationships would result in a 3 stooges like fistfight with clowns and be capped off with a touching dramatic moment of Lois realizing her family would do anything for her. Amazing, Genius

soche

I love when Lois goes to dance classes and the teacher says she's fantastic and recommends her to a more pro teacher...but when she looks at the video, she sees that she was falling all over the place and the guy was just trying to get rid of her! Plus when Hal is looking at the video amazed and goes, "I can't believe how beautifully you dance!" I didn't know whether I wanted to kiss him or smack him on the back of the head! :rolleyes:

Jayhost

I love Bride of Ida when Malcolm and Reese are in the ear string lock and Reese asks in agony "what don't you want me to be happy? and Malcolm answers "I'm only doing this because I love you" i loved that:wub:

also, in Malcolm defends Reese, at the end. Reese is repeatedly throwing the balls at Mr. Herkabe and Malcolm goes into this inspirational speech type thing with cheesy music but you can hear Herkabe moaning and Reese throwing balls at him, lol, i thought it was really funny and smart

another was the episode where Reese beats up that guy who tried to rob them and Dewey was too afraid to fall asleep so Malcolm read him the dictionary. that was so sweet of him

Last edited:

flipfreak4

Bearing in mind that I've only seen the first three seasons, xept Vegas, Watching the Baby and Graduation, these are my favourite scenes...

1. Shame. After beating up Kevin, Malcolm sees him being mopped up by the school nurse and learns he is only seven. Great facial expressions from Malcolm, topped by the immortal line given by Kevin 'This is the worst birthday ever!'

2. The cold opener where Hal makes his belly talk. one of the only ones which still makes me laugh out loud even when I've seen it about twenty gazillion times.

3. Sleepover, when Stevie goes flying out of that supermarket trolley, and tells Malcolm, 'Can't feel...my legs.''

4. Abe and Hal's shouting match in Poker. Classic. In fact that whole episode's pretty special.

5. This is quite an unusual one, because it's not a funny scene... But it's in Hal's Birthday - an episode I'm not crazy about really - when Francis and Hal are in the car, looking for the boys, and Francis is complaining about how, whenever he'd married Piama, it'd have been wrong in the eyes of his parents, and Hal just says, 'I would have come, Francis.'. And then the look on Francis' face... Well. That's the closest MITM has ever come to making me cry anyway.

Oh man, I have so many favourite scenes just from these 3 seasons! But they're just the ones off the top of my head, I'm sure I'll kick myself later when I think of about 700 more.'