Rockstar Games Symbol in Hals Friend
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rockstar Games Symbol in Hals Friend

Default Rockstar Games Symbol in Hals Friend

in the episode Hal's Fiend i just realized on the fridge there is the rockstar games symbol (yellow colored one)

Yep, I noticed this too.

(You may want to click to expand to see it clearly!)

And here's the original logo:

It shows up just before 1 minute 30 into the episode (and possibly again in the episode, but this is the one I found).

Stuff like this is interesting, as I'd never have noticed, because I'd never heard of Rockstar Games before! (if anything, I would have thought it was something like 'Idols' or perhaps even those 'Rock Band' computer games ).

Rich

I often found myself sniggering at that picture they had on the fridge; the pig one

Interestingly, the Rockstar Games logo shows up again in 4x04 'Stupid Girl', at around 07:56. There is also a 'Do you Yahoo' sticker -- both of these on the inside of Reese's locker. Product placement perhaps?

Attachment 888
    (Click the image to expand for a closer look)
    Last edited by PeterU; May 26, 2010 at 12:15 PM.

Wow, I'm going to have to keep an eye out for more...
    Need help? Email Me Here

Quote Originally Posted by Richiepiep View Post
    Stuff like this is interesting, as I'd never have noticed, because I'd never heard of Rockstar Games before! (if anything, I would have thought it was something like 'Idols' or perhaps even those 'Rock Band' computer games ).

Rich
    Oh my god, this is an insult to Rockstar as their games are known everywhere and are excellent.

Have you heard about GTA or played?

In the TV series Grounded For Life, there is a Rockstar logo sticker on the Finnertys' fridge.
    In the TV series Malcolm in the Middle, there is a Rockstar logo sticker on the family's fridge.

Quote Originally Posted by MITM_Fan View Post
    Oh my god, this is an insult to Rockstar as their games are known everywhere and are excellent.

Have you heard about GTA or played?
    Nobody was insulting Rockstar, not everybody is a into video games, and most people who have heard of GTA wouldn't know who made it.
    Need help? Email Me Here

Quote Originally Posted by tjpeople View Post
    Nobody was insulting Rockstar, not everybody is a into video games, and most people who have heard of GTA wouldn't know who made it.
    Ha, I don't think I would insult anyone, and I certainly wouldn't be doing so by not knowing some phenomenon.

I'm an extremely non-violent person, which means I'm not into games like Grand Theft Auto (which is I think what you mean) and won't ever be playing them. The only things I love are those by now pretty rarefied adventure games, which are often of French origin. Or like those made by US-based Cyan Worlds, like Myst or Riven.

That's because I'm a fantasy and mystery person more than anything else. In that way, there's something for everyone.

Rich