Did you guys like Bruno?

MITM_Fan

First of all, I do not intend to be trolling around, I just want to know sincerely what gay people though of the movie Bruno, did you like? did you hate it? how was it?

I watched it, because it's from Sacha Baron Cohen, better known as Da Ali G or Borat, but it wasn't like excellent it was cool the mess he'd do, people would get angry cuz they thought he was really like that. :lol:

Gouki

I take huge issue with the title of this thread. Because it comes across as hugely condescending and implies that being gay means you're not a guy. If you want to be such an arse, feel free, but I will lock horns with you everytime. And win.

I never saw Bruno, though. The ads were played far to often and killed any possibly enthusiasm I had for the project--I was intrigued, because the first couple of times the ads were played they seemed to be pretty funny. Then over the course of my partners birthday weekend, I must have seen them about fifty or sixty times and I was overloaded on Bruno. I was disappointed to hear they cut jokes just because Michael Jackson died, however.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
I didn't find it at all offensive, I found it funny, not quite as good as Borat, but pretty hysterical in parts.

I could see how a few gays might be offended but its about a character Bruno and he is a mega stereotype.