Product Placement in "If Boys Were Girls"

I was watching the ep "If Boys Were Girls" and I noticed at a scene with the girls sitting at a table, they all had cups with soda. But, all were generic brand styles, except for "Girl Dewey/Daisey"'s cup. It had Pepsi on it! :D

P.S. I noticed N@N had cut out a lot of scenes, they cut out a few from the cold open and it didn't make much sense, but when I watch the original uncut cold open on Youtube, I ROFLed and LOLed myself! N@N is really kinda ruining it!:cursing:

Richiepiep

Administrator
Yes, it's sad that Nick is butchering MITM episodes. What if reruns in syndication mean that these already cut episodes get whittled down more and more as the programmers see fit? It happened with a lot of movies, which were gradually losing running time on TV!

When I watch MITM in syndication, the episodes as such aren't cut, but titles and end credits are never used, so that viewers never know what season or episodes they're at, and cannot identify characters or actors that aren't mentioned. That's kind of lame too!

Product placement is a mixed bag in MITM. I remember Malcolm saying "I've got real Ho Hos" in Lois vs. Evil, where he could have said "I've got real cupcakes" or something like that, but in Red Dress, Lois goes "It's a name brand" when she offers her boys a soda, where 'a real Fanta' or 'a real Schweppes' would have been the normal phrase I guess.

And these 'poor boys' do get to wear a lot of nice-looking Puma outfits!

Rich

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
but in Red Dress, Lois goes "It's a name brand" when she offers her boys a soda, where 'a real Fanta' or 'a real Schweppes' would have been the normal phrase I guess.

Rich

By "name brand" she is saying its a quality drink rather than not branded which would imply bad quality (like the boys usually get).