Hello everybody, I'm new

Emily1714

Hi everybody. My name is Emily and I am 17 years old which is why 17 is in my username and 14 is there because it is my lucky number. I can't eat foods containing gluten which is a protein found in wheat, flour, barley, malt, modified food starch(unless it is from corn), triticale, and rye. Over the last few weeks I have become addicted to Malcolm In The Middle. I got to meet Cloris Leachman back on April 1st, 2009 at a book signing she did and she is one of the sweetest people and I got my picture taken with her too. I met her BEFORE I got hooked on MITM, but she isn't the reason I got hooked though. I was bored on night and there wasn't anything else on tv, so I just put it on and that is when the whole obsession started. I have been recording episodes on my DVR box. I'm glad I found this forum and I hope to talk to all soon :)

Take care

Last edited:

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Welcome Emily, great intro. We hope you enjoy your stay. I'm always glad to see new fans.

MITM_Fan

Hey welcome, you met the old hag of MITM, it must've been good.

It would be good if those rips could get into your PC and be shared, cuz the ones on the net aren't so good.

btw, you take care of your health that's great to know, not many are worried about that.

Richiepiep

Administrator
Welcome to this community, Emily, and thanks for the very personal introduction! I must be hard coping with this allergy, because with all this processed food that is available, it's hard to know what is alright and what isn't. I'm on a strict diet at the moment, and I'm appalled to find out that all sorts of savoury stuff actually contain a lot of sugar, like soups, sauces, sausages, meat delicatessen, ready-to-eat potatoes, cheese products etc. That's why I'm going to health-food stores now instead of supermarkets!

It's great to hear you love Cloris Leachman! I saw her in Dancing With The Stars, where she did quite well and was a hoot at age 80+ (!), and actually, 'this old hag of MITM' is a very fine actress. Like all of the MITM cast, she's equally adept at comic and dramatic roles. I've recently seen her in 'The Last Picture Show', where she played an older woman, and that's from 1971! She was very moving in that one, and the role won her an Oscar.

Older viewers may remember her as Phyllis from The Mary Tyler Moore Show and its offshoots, and she was great in those comedies too.

Take care,

Rich

See attached pictures of her in 'The Last Picture Show'. She co-starred with Timothy Bottoms, who, by a strange turn of events, you may remember as the George Bush-lookalike from 'That's My Bush' and some other TV-movies!

Last edited: