Do YOU read/watch spoilers

admin

Retired Administrator
I find this an interesting question, maybe not specific to Malcolm in the Middle, but also films, PC games etc. Do you read spoilers.

Personally I do not read them, I like the story to be a suprise when I watch it. It is not so important with MITM because they do not really have "suprise" storylines.. but with movies a spoiler from the end can ruin the entire thing, as can the end scene from a PC game.

What do you guys think, are spoilers good all the time, only in the right situation, or always bad? :D

Dabney

Deutscher Moderator
It always depends on the situation. If it is a film which i would only watch if i know it's quite good, i do read spoilers. But If there`s a film which i really look forward to, i don't read them. Neither do I read spoilers for mitm.
And i don't play video games...:D

gottaluvem

Hollywood actr on the way
oo gosh.. i hate it when my freinds spoil things for me, movies, books, video games... it's more exciting if you don't know what's happening next...

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Off-topic, but a nice poem in your signature, gottaluvem.

Anyway, for me, the only thing I've really thought of reading spoilers for before is MITM. I guess, I do with a video game I'm highly anticipating, but I hardly ever play games any more. I just bought The Sims 2 yesterday; my brother's already played it more than me, and before that, I haven't bought any game since SimCity 4 was new a few years back. Yeah, yeah, I'm a simmy kind of person, but the last one I looked for spoilers on was Roller coaster Tycoon 3.

Ryebeach

I absolutely LOVE spoilers, not just for MITM but for all TV shows, movies, books, etc. I know for a lot of people it can ruin their enjoyment of it but I like to know all I can before watching or reading something. Always have.;)

Malcolm

Sometimes... I just can't resist...:D

I wanted to see Episode III without knowing anything about it. But then I told myself "Oh, c'mon, you know whats gonna happen, everyone knows..." So I started reading some spoilers... and then "Okay, thats enough, no more spoilers..." And I readed more. And then "Thats it! No more. I wanna watch the movie".
And then "Damn, I am not even a Star Wars fan!" So I havent seen the movie but I know exactly what happens. :( Im human, after all! :p

Emrysgirl

admin said:
only in the right situation

For MitM
: Yes, I read spoilers. Or rather, I read summaries for old eps I haven't seen and am about to. But I'm not sure if that's good or bad.
Good b/c MitM moves very fast and it's easier to pick up on a lot of jokes and details if you already know what the basic plot is. Bad b/c MitM is a very wacky series and part (or maybe most) of the appeal is the total randomness. And, of course, reading a summary lessens the surprise.

For Books
: No. I'm not the kind of person who actually goes and looks for spoilers. I read them only if I come across them easily or accidentely. That never happens with books. As to other people telling me stuff: I don't mind that much when they tell me the actual plot (I prefer that they don't , but it doesn't ruin the book). But I hate it when people make vague comments like 'the ending is a let-down' b/c then I'm not sure if I want to read it (if I like the book till then and don't want to lower my opinion).

For Movies: I read descriptions to see whether or not I want to watch it, but no spoilers. I might read them after I watch the movie if I'm curious about something.

Dewey

Minimalistic
I try to avoid spoilers, mainly becuase they reveal too much. But all respect goes out to those willing to provide them though - i'm very sure there is a market for them out there.

When i first saw the word 'spoilers' in this thread, i thought it was referring to those things on the back of cars that make them go faster - i don't drive, so i really can't see the point in them..