Do YOU read/watch spoilers
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Thread: Do YOU read/watch spoilers

Default Do YOU read/watch spoilers

I find this an interesting question, maybe not specific to Malcolm in the Middle, but also films, PC games etc. Do you read spoilers.

Personally I do not read them, I like the story to be a suprise when I watch it. It is not so important with MITM because they do not really have "suprise" storylines.. but with movies a spoiler from the end can ruin the entire thing, as can the end scene from a PC game.

What do you guys think, are spoilers good all the time, only in the right situation, or always bad?

Default Re: Do YOU read/watch spoilers

It always depends on the situation. If it is a film which i would only watch if i know it's quite good, i do read spoilers. But If there`s a film which i really look forward to, i don't read them. Neither do I read spoilers for mitm.
    And i don't play video games...

oo gosh.. i hate it when my freinds spoil things for me, movies, books, video games... it's more exciting if you don't know what's happening next...
    "Hold fast to dreams
    for if dreams die,
    life is a broken-winged bird
    that cannot fly"
    -Dreams, Langston Hughes

"The first step in making your dreams come true.... is waking up.."

Dream On everyone

Off-topic, but a nice poem in your signature, gottaluvem.

Anyway, for me, the only thing I've really thought of reading spoilers for before is MITM. I guess, I do with a video game I'm highly anticipating, but I hardly ever play games any more. I just bought The Sims 2 yesterday; my brother's already played it more than me, and before that, I haven't bought any game since SimCity 4 was new a few years back. Yeah, yeah, I'm a simmy kind of person, but the last one I looked for spoilers on was Roller coaster Tycoon 3.

I absolutely LOVE spoilers, not just for MITM but for all TV shows, movies, books, etc. I know for a lot of people it can ruin their enjoyment of it but I like to know all I can before watching or reading something. Always have.

Nobody knows the name of the city where I live; it is in California but it isnt L.A.

Sometimes... I just can't resist...

I wanted to see Episode III without knowing anything about it. But then I told myself "Oh, c'mon, you know whats gonna happen, everyone knows..." So I started reading some spoilers... and then "Okay, thats enough, no more spoilers..." And I readed more. And then "Thats it! No more. I wanna watch the movie".
    And then "Damn, I am not even a Star Wars fan!" So I havent seen the movie but I know exactly what happens. Im human, after all!
    "I am Malcolm"

Quote Originally Posted by admin
    only in the right situation

For MitM
    : Yes, I read spoilers. Or rather, I read summaries for old eps I haven't seen and am about to. But I'm not sure if that's good or bad.
    Good b/c MitM moves very fast and it's easier to pick up on a lot of jokes and details if you already know what the basic plot is. Bad b/c MitM is a very wacky series and part (or maybe most) of the appeal is the total randomness. And, of course, reading a summary lessens the surprise.

For Books
    : No. I'm not the kind of person who actually goes and looks for spoilers. I read them only if I come across them easily or accidentely. That never happens with books. As to other people telling me stuff: I don't mind that much when they tell me the actual plot (I prefer that they don't , but it doesn't ruin the book). But I hate it when people make vague comments like 'the ending is a let-down' b/c then I'm not sure if I want to read it (if I like the book till then and don't want to lower my opinion).

For Movies: I read descriptions to see whether or not I want to watch it, but no spoilers. I might read them after I watch the movie if I'm curious about something.
    In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly crazy -Homer Simpson

I try to avoid spoilers, mainly becuase they reveal too much. But all respect goes out to those willing to provide them though - i'm very sure there is a market for them out there.

When i first saw the word 'spoilers' in this thread, i thought it was referring to those things on the back of cars that make them go faster - i don't drive, so i really can't see the point in them..

Never. I like to be surprised.
    you wanna follow the laws of man?
    bloody apron, leg of lamb.
    it's so hard to win...
    when there's so much to lose.