MITM Magazine - Page 2
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MITM Magazine

I do not know how you wanted to do the magazine, but here is a very cool way to show a magazine online, with Flash

example:
    http://www.blur-magazine.com/wp-cont.../en/ENG01.html

the example is using a completely free version, you can drag the pages across to flip, or use navigation. it uses XML so all you need to do is enter URL of images and it will show up:

http://www.flashpageflip.com/FreeFPF.asp

I think it will look cool done this way

P.S. last year I brought the professional version which is an extension for Adobe Flash, if interested. I was going to put this on my personal website but have never got around to it.

P.S.2, go to page 8 in the example, some of you might recall seeing a MITM promotion photo very much like it.
    Last edited by AlexTheMartian; Sep 23, 2009 at 03:39 PM.

Follow Malcolm in the Middle cast members on Twitter: twitter.com/MITM/cast

Be fans of Justin Berfeild's (Reese) new production company, Virgin Produced on Facebook and Twitter

and while you are at it, add me on facebook and twitter

hey,

i use flashpageflip pro paid version and i make magazines for more fan sites then this one so i know what i do

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Wilkerson View Post
    hey,

i use flashpageflip pro paid version and i make magazines for more fan sites then this one so i know what i do
    I didn't know that! In fact, I didn't know what an 'online magazine' would look like, in what way it would be different from what we do over here. Can you show us some links to work you've done, so we can get an idea of what sort of thing is possible?

P.S.

Roy, I think you should have included the link to what you've already done as a test:

http://www.malcolminthemiddle.jlkfree.com/test/

I tried it a few days ago, but now I noticed it took a while for the Flash to load. I had just closed the page, because I couldn't see anything! But this sure looks great for a start! The attached picture shows what vistors should see, if they happen to have the same problems as me.

Thanks,

Rich
    Last edited by Richiepiep; Sep 24, 2009 at 01:26 PM.

@richiepiep

i know that that site load very slow thats because i made a mistake but i solved bit but i need to reupload it

PS: this one is a newer version of it with an better lay-out and faster load

http://mitm.sqweebs.com/

@richiepiep

i know that that site load very slow thats because i made a mistake but i solved bit but i need to reupload it

PS: this one is a newer version of it with an better lay-out and faster load

http://mitm.sqweebs.com/
    Great! This works fine! Now that I see what is possible, I think it would be neat to be able to access our Gallery (divided up into the categories we have) as slideshows with various options (fade, scroll, time intervals).

Also, we could apply the same idea to the news sections, where the most recent topics could appear as scrolling text marquees, just like the 'telex' messages we see on CNN for instance. (Je weet wel, 'lichtkranten' bedoel ik ).

Rich
    Last edited by Richiepiep; Sep 25, 2009 at 07:13 PM.

That is not FlashPageFlip though... that is just a flash website. I was not talking about a flash website. Also I don't know how a flash website is the same as a flash online magazine.

Be fans of Justin Berfeild's (Reese) new production company, Virgin Produced on Facebook and Twitter

@AlexTheMartian

if you read you see that we arent talking abaut my flashpageflippro but where talking abaut a site i made for Dutch people
    Last edited by Malcolm Wilkerson; Sep 26, 2009 at 04:48 AM.

@AlexTheMartian

if you read you see that we arent talking abaut my flashpageflippro but where talking abaut a site i made for Dutch people
    sorry, I got confused by what Richiepiep posted