MITM Magazine

Malcolm Wilkerson

Dear People of MITM,

i'am gonna start an online Magazine for this site.
what do you people want to see back in the magazine and some other ideas for the magazine.

thank you

greetings Malcolm Wilkerson(roy van plateringen)

Richiepiep

Administrator
Well, as I sometimes lack a European perspective in English (our partner sites/forums are in French and German), let me throw in I'd like to see Comedy Central schedules as well, if we already list N@N. There are British, German, Polish, Dutch, Italian, Hungarian, Irish and Swedish branches of Comedy Central now, and at least two of them show MITM. They are very keen, ambitious programmers, and I'd like to know what they're up to.

And then there are other European channels which show MITM, like ProSieben in Germany and Polsat in Poland, and some of these countries are now only getting started on MITM.

Rich

Good point. There should be a sections with schedule of North and South American and Europe showings, an international section with Asia/pacific, africa and a middle east (do they even show it there??:confused:) oh well, just my thought.:)

Richiepiep

Administrator
Good point. There should be a sections with schedule of North and South American and Europe showings, an international section with Asia/pacific, africa and a middle east (do they even show it there??:confused:) oh well, just my thought.:)

Well, that could be a bit much, because I wonder who would be able to read all those languages or keep abreast of all those schedules, but MITM is shown in countries like Bhutan, Nepal, India, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam, Singapore, Mexico, Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Honduras, Venezuela, Kenya, Uganda, South Africa, the Middle East and Turkey!

Amazing, isn't it? Little did I know, and this opens up a whole new perspective!

'The Windows of the World' (sorry for the tragic connotation)

Rich

Richiepiep

Administrator
Here are some ideas for the magazine that can be automated, though they take some technical skills and effort.

• Subscribe to the RSS feeds from IMDB (Internet Movie Database) and some other showbiz sites and filter them for the names of cast and the most prominent crew: Bryan Cranston, Jane Kaczmarek, Frankie Muniz, Justin Berfield, Christopher Masterson, Erik Per Sullivan, Craig Lamar Traylor, Linwood Boomer, Todd Holland, David Anthony Higgins, Emy Coligado and Kenneth Mars. And whoever you would like! These can be automatically fed into the Magazine.
    http://www.imdb.com/help/show_article?rssavailable
  • Create a file with a MITM-related history, with a full date, such as:
    8 January 2000 - Frankie Muniz' movie 'My Dog Skip' is released in the USA.
    9 January 2000 - Pilot episode MITM first aired
    22 January 1980 - Christopher Masterson (Francis) is born etc.
    Everyone can contribute to this basic file. This file can than be filtered for the current date, so that you can create a separate section: Today in Malcolm in the Middle History, with all appropriate entries.

Rich

AlexTheMartian

I do not know how you wanted to do the magazine, but here is a very cool way to show a magazine online, with Flash

example:
http://www.blur-magazine.com/wp-content/uploads/bulb01/en/ENG01.html

the example is using a completely free version, you can drag the pages across to flip, or use navigation. it uses XML so all you need to do is enter URL of images and it will show up:

http://www.flashpageflip.com/FreeFPF.asp

I think it will look cool done this way :)

P.S. last year I brought the professional version which is an extension for Adobe Flash, if interested. I was going to put this on my personal website but have never got around to it.

P.S.2, go to page 8 in the example, some of you might recall seeing a MITM promotion photo very much like it.

Last edited:

Richiepiep

Administrator
hey,

i use flashpageflip pro paid version and i make magazines for more fan sites then this one so i know what i do :)

I didn't know that! In fact, I didn't know what an 'online magazine' would look like, in what way it would be different from what we do over here. Can you show us some links to work you've done, so we can get an idea of what sort of thing is possible?

P.S.

Roy, I think you should have included the link to what you've already done as a test:

http://www.malcolminthemiddle.jlkfree.com/test/

I tried it a few days ago, but now I noticed it took a while for the Flash to load. I had just closed the page, because I couldn't see anything! But this sure looks great for a start! The attached picture shows what vistors should see, if they happen to have the same problems as me.

Thanks,

Rich

Last edited:

Richiepiep

Administrator
@richiepiep

i know that that site load very slow thats because i made a mistake but i solved bit but i need to reupload it

PS: this one is a newer version of it with an better lay-out and faster load

http://mitm.sqweebs.com/

Great! This works fine! Now that I see what is possible, I think it would be neat to be able to access our Gallery (divided up into the categories we have) as slideshows with various options (fade, scroll, time intervals).

Also, we could apply the same idea to the news sections, where the most recent topics could appear as scrolling text marquees, just like the 'telex' messages we see on CNN for instance. (Je weet wel, 'lichtkranten' bedoel ik ;)).

Rich

Last edited:

AlexTheMartian

That is not FlashPageFlip though... that is just a flash website. I was not talking about a flash website. Also I don't know how a flash website is the same as a flash online magazine.

Malcolm Wilkerson

@AlexTheMartian

if you read you see that we arent talking abaut my flashpageflippro but where talking abaut a site i made for Dutch people

Last edited: