MITMVC Site changes!
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MITMVC Site changes!

Default MITMVC Site changes!

Attention all MITM VC members,
    I noticed that the site design looked different. there is no more picture of Malcolm and the family, and the "Watch and Download' Button is missing, and the 'Malcolm in the Middle' logo is not the one from before it looks different and kinda fake and sloppy, was it re-done in paint, because no offense, it looks awful!.
    Why did all this happen? It doesn't make the site look as professional and there is an empty space that looks useless. I hope TJ can fix this soon!

I have P.M.ed him asking why. If you have opinions or comments, or theories of why these changes happened, feel free to post.
    (My guess is that it had something to do with FOX)

deweyinthemiddle
    Last edited by deweyinthemiddle; Sep 12, 2009 at 09:16 PM.

Damn you FOX!

I don't understand them, they are so over-protective and still they don't care about releasing the DVDs.

Like I said if ABC pays the winner in Wipeout 50,000 dollars then why can't FOX do the same to the artists? do they think it's not worth it?

By taking away that picture at the top the forum has lost some quality. But tjpeople can put the gallery at the top this way we still can see, screenshots / photos and stuff.

It won't fully restore but it will sure help alot putting the gallery at the top.

This is something I had to do. A new image will be added some point in the future.

I welcome suggestions for a different logo font.
    Need help? Email Me Here

What about the original logo that was on before?

Quote Originally Posted by deweyinthemiddle View Post
    What about the original logo that was on before?
    I've had to remove it.
    Need help? Email Me Here

Crap! Stupid Fox! Why do they care about it now? It's been on there for a long time! The show ended 4 years ago and they might not ever release the DVDs and they just care about using the unofficial logo on a fan site? Seriously FOX? C'mon, let's be sensible. Oh, and I agree with what MITM_Fan said above.

I only noticed now, because I cleared my browser cache! Yes, it's a shame we had to do it, but I had seen it coming after we got word from Fox and discussed among our staff - I think we can spill some of the beans now.

Actually, given the reputation of the big shots for clamping down on lots of sites, even getting removed brief 'Malcolm' tribute or 'set piece' clips of less than a minute or so on YouTube or Megavideo, or lots of poor kids' Harry Potter websites because they reproduce stills and some audio or video, I've been uneasy about this ever since I started getting involved in this site.

It's bad enough as it is, but I wish we could work out a compromise and would at least expect them to see we're extremely serious about what we do and could be (in fact, are) doing them a great service promotionwise.

I mean, look at their own site: http://www.fox.com/malcolm/

It's terribly outdated, with only the journal being complete, and all the media links are as dead as a doornail. The '4 Emmy nominations' they report on their home page are actually from 2003; they didn't even bother to change one nomination to a win, for the great editing of the series by Mark Scheib and Steve Welch! In fact the entire series got 26 Emmy nominations and 7 Emmy awards!

The same with the official BBC site that doesn't go beyond Season 3!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/malcolm/welcome.shtml

But being humongous as they are, they're not even paying attention to the nitty-gritty and come down on every single MITM-related site with their indiscriminate web crawlers and standard statements of violation. Talking about destruction of fan communities!

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by tjpeople View Post
    This is something I had to do. A new image will be added some point in the future.

I welcome suggestions for a different logo font.
    Perhaps we could ask Jason Holm (known for his free work as Kodiak and Jaleho) to do a professional logo and more. He's a really great cartoonist/designer/animator.

His favourite bands are They Might Be Giants, Barenaked Ladies, Hanson and Green Day, so I guess there's some kind of kinship!

It actually took some time to track him down: http://www.inflatablestudios.com/

Rich

Thanks, Rich. It's sad though, and BBC stopped showing the it after series/season 3! Fox took down all the links including http://songs.lifeisunfair.net/ which had all the songs They Might Be Giants contributed to the show.

Yeah Richie, that's a good idea asking him, it's not my type of animation I like but sure he'll make me/us happy.