London wins 2012 Olympics
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: London wins 2012 Olympics

Default London wins 2012 Olympics

Yay, we win!

I guess we were the only country that bothered to sent our leader to Singapore to see the results, and we didn't insult another countries cusine 2 days before the final draw!!

Any comments?

Default Re: London wins 2012 Olympics

With New York there was too many problems with the West Side Stadium being built so my second choice was London yes.

Cheers

Uh, hello, I'm sorry Mr. Bush couldn't be in Singapore, but he has a bit further to travel to get to the G8 summit, which London is also so keen about (with the rest of the world).

What does that mean?

David said Bush wans't good enough to be in Singapore supporting New York; I said he has further to travel for the G8 summit, which would conflict with it.

I wasn't directly insulting Mr Bush to be fair, it was mainly the French President Jacque Chirac who said that he hated British food!

I just dont think it would have been necessary for Bush to go anyways, there is better things he needs to focus on than the olympics.

I don't believe there was any particular need for any of the leaders to be at the announcement. But then again, I suppose the Olympics would be a pretty big economic asset (poor Greece, that didn't exactly work out, did it?).

The visit would be, like a lot of thing the heads of state do, mainly ceremonial/respectful since the Olympics are supposed to be a symbol of global harmony/ coming together.

But, while Bush had no particular reason to be present, I don't think you're justified in using the G8 Summit as an excuse. After all, Blair is a lot more involved: he is HOSTING it!

As a non-Brit, I found Chirac's comment's hilarious. I believe they went a lot further than just saying the British can't cook. I think he said that no one whose food was that bad should be trusted and that the only contribution Britain has made to European agriculture was Mad Cow disease
    In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly crazy -Homer Simpson

Before this morning, the terrorists hadn't struck in England yet, so Blair didn't have as much security as Bush. It would have been more than it's worth trying to get Bush to SIngapore in the middle of the G8.

Although I'm English I think Jacques Chirac was totally out of order there - OK, French cuisine is generally better than British, people call the French 'cheese munching surrender monkeys' and stuff, but heads of state can't go around saying things like that. It'd be like if he said the Germans can't ever be trusted with anything ever again, because they're all a bunch of manic, mass-murdering Nazis.
    Prince Philip goes around the world putting his foot in his mouth, but he can almost get away with it because he can't easily be elected out.