Why "And Frankie Muniz"?
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Thread: Why "And Frankie Muniz"?

Default Why "And Frankie Muniz"?

The credits in MITM make sense to me, (more so then the order in a lot of movies and TV, E.G, Liv Tyler being 3rd or 4th in the Lord of The Rings movies)

I understand the order going Jane K, Bryan C, (makes sense to have them first) Chris M, Justin, Erik........but why add Frankie Muniz at the end? why isn't he listed first, or at least after Jane and Bryan? The only other order I can see to the credits besides possibly how much money each cast member was making is that the kids anyway are in order of age, odd but noticeable.

Also, anyone else notice it weird that Catherine Lloyd Burns was in the credits a few times, but then never again. Personally I would have added Craig Lamar Taylor, Or David Higgins for most of the series.

Also I'd like to add that I love the title sequence in Season 1 episode 2, It shows each of the characters when it shows their name, I wish they kept it as the show went on.

Good question, the Season 1 episode 2 theme is also one of my favorites, it is actually different from the other themes, that it is a slightly sped up version of the pilot theme. It also sounds kinda nerdy and is 27 seconds long compared to 33 second long regular theme, which btw sounds a bit punk rock to me. I think that that the nerd theme was replaced on the DVD for the normal one.
    Yes, Catherine Lloyd Burns was only in the 1 and 2 seasons, but only in a few 1st season theme songs.
    And I always did wonder why "And Frankie Muniz" was at the very end, maybe it was building up to his name.
    Last edited by deweyinthemiddle; Sep 10, 2009 at 10:25 AM.

Very good points, Lparsons7981! It reminds me I have wondered about some of these too.

TV.com may give some explanation about Catherine Lloyd Burns:

Starting with this episode (The Bots And The Bees), Catherine Lloyd Burns is no longer in the opening credits. This is likely because this episode, along with "Smunday" and "Water Park," are part of Season 2 production-wise.

Rich

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Richiepiep View Post
    Very good points, Lparsons7981! It reminds me I have wondered about some of these too.

TV.com may give some explanation about Catherine Lloyd Burns:

Starting with this episode (The Bots And The Bees), Catherine Lloyd Burns is no longer in the opening credits. This is likely because this episode, along with "Smunday" and "Water Park," are part of Season 2 production-wise.

Rich
    Interesting that they were produced with season 2, thanks!

Yes, and also Tyler James Williams who plays Chris on Everybody Hates Chris is last in the opening credits, too!

they are so special, they save the best for last
    Follow Malcolm in the Middle cast members on Twitter: twitter.com/MITM/cast

Be fans of Justin Berfeild's (Reese) new production company, Virgin Produced on Facebook and Twitter

and while you are at it, add me on facebook and twitter

That's what I always assumed. Can't see why else, because it wouldn't be the same without him.

If you look closely you'll see the same or similar listing in most shows with a strong titular or "featured" character/actor. If I were to guess at it, it's just industry courtesy in that it both allows other actors to not appear overshadowed, and that it also gives the featured actor some degree of privelage - AND you get XXXX, which is awesome on top of all the others.

Quote Originally Posted by zachman93 View Post
    If you look closely you'll see the same or similar listing in most shows with a strong titular or "featured" character/actor. If I were to guess at it, it's just industry courtesy in that it both allows other actors to not appear overshadowed, and that it also gives the featured actor some degree of privelage - AND you get XXXX, which is awesome on top of all the others.
    That's part of it; It mainly has to do with contractual obligations set up by the actor's management with the show's production company and legal department when negotiating a contract. It's often about money or sometimes it's just about having the prestige of being featured with "and" or "with" before their name in the title sequence so their name really stands out.