Malcolm in the Middle 10th Anniversary! - Page 4
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Malcolm in the Middle 10th Anniversary!

This comment will be negative for most people, but it's the truth:

People are taking this too serious, no word from the producers or companies will be in this project.

The serie can not be on DVD/Blu-Ray due to the costs of the songs, they'd had to pay all artists.

Be happy at least the S01 is on DVD, and I've order'd it already from Amazon.

About Richard's talk to the mitm's photogropher, it's nothing really important, I sincerely don't care about if he get's or doesn't, makes no real difference, either not a person to do a change.

Uh, ok. If you say so.

I think MITM_Fan is right here. We often think of Fox & co. as these big, dictatorial moguls who deny us the rights to see what we want to see or be full-fledged fans, but as for the music rights, it's not up to the cast & crew or even Fox.

It's a problem of the media conglomerates (which includes Fox to be sure) at large, who effectively block releases because they're asking what appear to be literally millions of dollars for the original song rights.

Just to illustrate this, a Fox exec on securing the music rights for The Wonder Years, whose impact relied heavily on original '60s songs by famous artists. What it all boils down to, is probably (oh, horror) the famous songs replaced with cheaper ones or cover versions.

"We know it's something we'd like to put out. We know that people want it out. Consumers are waiting. Fans are waiting. We talk about needing to tackle it, but we haven't gotten to a place where it's being actively worked on. I'd love to put it out on DVD, so other people can enjoy it, so we just have to work through these issues. It's not that simple, because music is an integral part of that show. So it's not like you can just go in and replace it all."

"You go in and see which songs are expensive that are not as essential, and that process of going through each episode and doing that analysis is a more complicated process than putting out a TV show that doesn't have these issues."

The Denver Post - Pricey Nostalgia

Rich
    Last edited by Richiepiep; Oct 25, 2009 at 11:07 AM.

Well put, Rich.
    (Although, I personally think its cool that you contacted Levie Isaacks )

i think all the cast members should qet toqether & talk about times on the set &
    show there favortie memorable clips. & they should air it on fox or somethinq. lol
    -Cinderella baybee

Thats a good idea. We are thinking of arranging something like that ourselves.

Well, less than a month now so... any news or ideas. Everythings welcome. There's no such thing as a bad idea.

A few weeks...

I've got some free time now, I'll see what I can make happen.
    Need help? Email Me Here

Okay so this is probably just wishful thinking... but Frankie seems to be on Facebook quite often recently... Maybe someone could... give him a nudge?
    That's not a flying chocolate maker.
    (Dewey in Halloween Approximately)

It's not lying if what you're saying would be true if the facts were different. (Hal in Tiki Lounge)