‘Sons of Tucson’ from Justin Berfield & Todd Holland [Watch the Pilot]
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ‘Sons of Tucson’ from Justin Berfield & Todd Holland [Watch the Pilot]

Arrow ‘Sons of Tucson’ from Justin Berfield & Todd Holland [Watch the Pilot]

Justin has just posted on his official website that production is about to get underway on a new FOX sitcom pilot from Justin's J2TV production banner.

The pilot is entitled Sons of Tucson.

Here's a little more about the new show from the Hollywood Reporter:

-- "Sons of Tucson," a single-camera pilot from 20th and J2TV, is channeling the spirit of "Slums of Beverly Hills." It centers on a charming but misguided hustler hired by three rich young brothers to act as their "father" while their real one serves time for a white-collar crime.

Tommy Dewey and Greg Bratman penned the script and serve as supervising producers. Harvey Myman, Jason Felts and Justin Berfield exec produce.

J2TV has signed Todd Holland (director and producer of MITM) to direct the pilot of their new sitcom, Sons of Tucson.

Source: Variety

Thats awesome news. Todd is great.
    Need help? Email Me Here

so is this going to be a drama, or kind of a drama-comedy, like a lot of cable shows are?

EDIT: never mind, Justin's forum topic said "new sitcom", so it does seem to be a comedy-drama/dramedy, which is good because those seem to be successful recently. Not many pure sitcoms seem to be doing well. I think Two and a Half Men is the most successful in recent years.

I REALLY love single-camera shows like MITM was. and unlike the recent single-camera shows which take the form of a reality show and have shaky cameras, it seems from the description of this that it is not going to be like that, so maybe it is going to take a more drama type of of filming but with a single camera, which is going to be VERY interesting. Can't wait to see this!
    Last edited by AlexTheMartian; Feb 27, 2009 at 07:12 AM.
    Follow Malcolm in the Middle cast members on Twitter: twitter.com/MITM/cast

Be fans of Justin Berfeild's (Reese) new production company, Virgin Produced on Facebook and Twitter

and while you are at it, add me on facebook and twitter

Well the premise sounds good, seems like it could be a great show if they get it right. Also the production elements, re. single camera also make it seem like the type of show I generally prefer these days. I'll definitely watch how this develops with interest.
    You'll Never Walk Alone!

From the original thread: "i will spare you the agony of seeing my grown up mug on the tv screen"

Agony?! Come back to our screens Justin! We miss you, and seeing you on the screen has always been far from agony

Whatever, like I said it looks like a cool show so here's hoping the project goes well, even if Justin remains behind the scenes.
    You'll Never Walk Alone!

Sounds like a great project, because on the face of it, there is much about it in the MITM vein: single-camera sitcom, Todd Holland involved, original premise etc. Justin certainly knows what to go for to make this click, and what to avoid. Sounds like something right up his street!

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Wemboy View Post
    From the original thread: "i will spare you the agony of seeing my grown up mug on the tv screen"

Agony?! Come back to our screens Justin! We miss you, and seeing you on the screen has always been far from agony

Whatever, like I said it looks like a cool show so here's hoping the project goes well, even if Justin remains behind the scenes.
    I think Justin can easily come back in front of the camera. He really did not do any other acting job while on MITM, so his teenage face is probably not burned into peoples mind as bad as Frankie's was. (that sounds wired, but hopefully you get what i am saying)
    Follow Malcolm in the Middle cast members on Twitter: twitter.com/MITM/cast

Be fans of Justin Berfeild's (Reese) new production company, Virgin Produced on Facebook and Twitter

and while you are at it, add me on facebook and twitter

I know what you mean. Frankie will have a tough time ever pulling off a classic leading adult male persona. If Justin wants to start over as an adult actor...much easier...just show up to auditions with your skills and contacts and once there pretend you were never famous.