Malcolm in the Middle 10th Anniversary!

Gill

It would be really cool if they had a reunion, I was sorta hoping for a MITM marathon or something in the U.S. like they had with Glenn Martin D.D.S. last week on Nick at Nite (grr I only had 30 minutes of MITM the whole week) anyways, based on the schedule here http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0212671/tvschedule for the US, it doesn't look like there's going to be anything until 1:35 A.M and that's it. :(

Richiepiep

Administrator
Now that our Gallery is mostly complete, I've finally found some time to deal with the 10th anniversary again, after a very hectic December that left me hardly any time to spend on more constructive things than upload the odd picture! It's a pity time is so short now, December is always a crazy month to get things done - remember we Dutch are foolish enough to also celebrate Sinterklaas (the historical Santa Claus) as a completely separate feast with lots of presents and poems on December 5th! :w00t:

OK, I've just contacted Levie Isaacks, MITM's main cinematographer, again and sent him a couple of questions about his work on MITM. For the moment, the idea is for him to type up replies which I will publish on this site, but I've also invited him to come to our site on January 9th and pass on the invitation to any crew or cast he might know.

I really don't know what to do with Dutch Comedy Central yet. They're showing MITM now for another (third?) run at the viewer-friendly time of 9:15 p.m., and it's actually bringing in new fans - quite a feat considering they're showing hosts of umpteenth reruns of Scrubs, Frasier, Futurama, Simpsons, 70s Show, South Park!

As we can't offer goodies or promise anything substantial in terms of interaction (I think, TJ?), I can ask them to direct any ardent fans to our site on January 9th to become members or just have a chat.

Best,

Rich

P.S. I noticed something funny and striking for Dutch web users. A lot of us use www.startpagina.nl as their default homepage to link to certain popular topics - if you prefer a thematic search to just haphazard Googling. Now, if you go all the way down to TV comedies, the entry for MITM links directly not to some Dutch site, but to us! (and I had no hand in this whatsoever)

http://comedy-central.startpagina.nl/

Last edited:
Now that our Gallery is mostly complete, I've finally found some time to deal with the 10th anniversary again, after a very hectic December that left me hardly any time to spend on more constructive things than upload the odd picture! It's a pity time is so short now, December is always a crazy month to get things done - remember we Dutch are foolish enough to also celebrate Sinterklaas (the historical Santa Claus) as a completely separate feast with lots of presents and poems on December 5th! :w00t:

OK, I've just contacted Levie Isaacks, MITM's main cinematographer, again and sent him a couple of questions about his work on MITM. For the moment, the idea is for him to type up replies which I will publish on this site, but I've also invited him to come to our site on January 9th and pass on the invitation to any crew or cast he might know.

I really don't know what to do with Dutch Comedy Central yet. They're showing MITM now for another (third?) run at the viewer-friendly time of 9:15 p.m., and it's actually bringing in new fans - quite a feat considering they're showing hosts of umpteenth reruns of Scrubs, Frasier, Futurama, Simpsons, 70s Show, South Park!

As we can't offer goodies or promise anything substantial in terms of interaction (I think, TJ?), I can ask them to direct any ardent fans to our site on January 9th to become members or just have a chat.

Best,

Rich

P.S. I noticed something funny and striking for Dutch web users. A lot of us use www.startpagina.nl as their default homepage to link to certain popular topics - if you prefer a thematic search to just haphazard Googling. Now, if you go all the way down to TV comedies, the entry for MITM links directly not to some Dutch site, but to us! (and I had no hand in this whatsoever)

Thanks a lot, Rich! I have been busy as well, and looking at the stats, so have a lot of other members.:D I suppose this is an extremely busy time of year, but now that the holidays are ending, I hope members will trickle back to the VC in time for the Anniversary.:)

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
I'm now going to try and dedicate as much time as possible to this, I was thinking we could do an Anniversary "month" because getting everything sorted for 1 day (so close to hand) will be hard. I've contacted Frankie just now about it.

Thats very awesome! And I will pretend you waved your Dutch wand and made it happen Rich.

Richiepiep

Administrator
I'm now going to try and dedicate as much time as possible to this, I was thinking we could do an Anniversary "month" because getting everything sorted for 1 day (so close to hand) will be hard. I've contacted Frankie just now about it.

Great idea to make this a special month instead of the one day! Did you contact Frankie on Twitter or Facebook?

The 'Dutch route' isn't going too well. Monique has let me know that she's been wanting to close down her fan Hyves (the Dutch Facebook) for a while, because she moved on to different things - it's a terribly designed one anyway, which frustrated me no end (just between me, you and ... the rest of the world)!

Comedy Central decided against a special event, because there's nothing to offer. As you can see on the site http://www.comedycentral.nl/ (Win!-links), they offer DVDs, signed stuff and special parties, but it's not a running series, and they can't even offer the DVD because it's the wrong region :cursing:!

They concentrated on The Simpsons' 20th Anniversary instead in December: viewers could choose their Top 20 episodes, which were shown in one week, and famous (a relative term) Dutch actors and comedians voiced one episode as a special event.

Anyway, I'll restrict myself to POSITIVE news in this thread. Me no wet blanket, nor spoilsport!

Rich

Yes, it would be terribly hard to fit this into 1 day but we could kick off with a special celebration 24 VC party from 8:30 pm friday night to 8:30 pm Saturday night ( the exact time it first aired). Plus, since it is 24 hours long, members from all time zones can check in and not miss the party! And maybe a special event every week throughout the month! Well, just throwing it out there. :)
P.S. Too bad about Dutch comedy central. But, I'm sure they would have if they could.
Great idea to make this a special month instead of the one day! Did you contact Frankie on Twitter or Facebook?

The 'Dutch route' isn't going too well. Monique has let me know that she's been wanting to close down her fan Hyves (the Dutch Facebook) for a while, because she moved on to different things - it's a terribly designed one anyway, which frustrated me no end (just between me, you and ... the rest of the world)!

Comedy Central decided against a special event, because there's nothing to offer. As you can see on the site http://www.comedycentral.nl/ (Win!-links), they offer DVDs, signed stuff and special parties, but it's not a running series, and they can't even offer the DVD because it's the wrong region :cursing:!

They concentrated on The Simpsons' 20th Anniversary instead in December: viewers could choose their Top 20 episodes, which were shown in one week, and famous (a relative term) Dutch actors and comedians voiced one episode as a special event.

Anyway, I'll restrict myself to POSITIVE news in this thread. Me no wet blanket, nor spoilsport!

Rich

Richiepiep

Administrator
Dutch Comedy Central site now links to our site for MITM!

Great! They kept their word :D :2thumbsup:

There's a link on their home page:

http://www.comedycentral.nl/

Image:

malcolm_comedy_central_nl.jpg

... which links to follow-up info:

http://www.comedycentral.nl/tv/programma/61/malcolm-in-the-middle.html

Malcolm in the Middle bestaat 10 jaar!

Op 9 januari 2010 zal Malcolm in the Middle zijn tiende verjaardag vieren.
Meer informatie over deze serie kun je hier vinden!

MITM is ten years old!

On 9th January, 2010, Malcolm in the Middle will celebrate its tenth anniversary. More information about this series can be found here!

Rich

Last edited:

Richiepiep

Administrator
Yes, I will be putting up some articles and other stuff that I have lying around or have collected links to.

I do hope some cast or crew members, however 'loosely connected', will come on or leave messages in the coming weeks!

I've been rallying fans and MITM associates to turn up and leave messages, but so far only Comedy Central has taken up on it!

I guess we'll just wait and see!

Rich

(nodding off so logging off ;))

Yes, I will be putting up some articles and other stuff that I have lying around or have collected links to.

I do hope some cast or crew members, however 'loosely connected', will come on or leave messages in the coming weeks!

I've been rallying fans and MITM associates to turn up and leave messages, but so far only Comedy Central has taken up on it!

I guess we'll just wait and see!

Rich

(nodding off so logging off ;))

Cool!