Favourite Movie 05/06 - Page 2
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Favourite Movie 05/06

Default Re: Favourite Movie 2005

I also heard great things about The Hitchhiker's Guide - but about the book. I read it twice and it's still one of my favourites. But I didn't like the movie. Wasn't funny. Just watch it and tell me your opinion about it. I don't like to argue with people about a movie that they haven't even seen...

I saw Hitch, was good.

I saw Hotel Rwanda, was impressive. It's not a movie for everyone I guess, because it's very brutal and depressive and sad and dramatic (that's just what genocide always is), but it makes you think about stuff.

Star Wars III was the best one of the new trilogy and a cool movie itself, but still not a "blockbuster" in my opinion.

This year, there weren't many good movies until now.

i totally have to agree with arach (besides the fact that i didn`t read the books). But i know a lot of people who read it and loved it. But the film wasn`t cool. i didn't laugh very often and it was actually only amateurish...

my favourite movie ive seen this year is house of flying daggers

The only movie I've gone to see at the movies this year is Star Wars. So, I guess that wins by default.

@ arach-is the movie of Hichhiker's guide to the Galaxy like the book, because I'm reading once I finnish up another book.
    The jerk formerly known as J.

Cinderella Man was an amazing film

@MITM18 My mom hates Russell Crowe and it's not the kind of movie I'd watch on mu own or with friends, so I'll take your word.

@J. No, it's not exactly like the book (I haven't seen it but have heard a lot from my friends). The basic plot is the same, but they've dropped a lot of important parts and added new bits.

Star Wars - not a big fan of SERIOUS space movies in general (sorry J.). I've only seen the first one (#4 right?) and didn't like it at all. I gave up on the series after that.
    In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly crazy -Homer Simpson

Personally, Star Wars is not my favorite, so don't worry. I'm a bit more a Star Trek/anything where aliens invade the earth type of person.
    The jerk formerly known as J.

I've watched all the other Star Wars films but have no desire to see this one as the past two have been so disappointing. I think the last film i saw at the cinema was probably Team America: World Police, which was very funny, although it could have been last year. I've watched a few good films on dvd though, like Garden State (directed by and starring Zach Braff from Scrubs), Oldboy, Infernal Affairs and Sideways (starring Paul Giamatti from Big Fat Liar (good film) and American Splendor (better film)). I should also mention The Lavender Hill Mob, which i watched on tv last week. It's a really old film from a group of comedies shot at the Ealing Studios in London, and it stars Alec Guinness. It's absolutely hilarious, i'd probably recommend it above all the others to be honest.
    You'll Never Walk Alone!

Completely off topic:

I watched "But I'm a Cheerleader" the other night. Not a recent movie at all. But it was great and the director, Jamie Babbit, directed a few episodes of Malcolm. Not very good episodes, but still...

Back to the topic: I feel like I haven't seen any of this years movies. Everything I think of must have been from last year. I'm seeing Batman Begins tomorrow, so hopefully I will have good things to say about that.

I thought Hitchhikers could have been better. Visually, it was amazing. Just awesome visual effects. I loved that they used Jim Henson puppets for the aliens. I'm sick of CGI aliens and animals. They never look as real as puppets. That's one of the problems with the new Star Wars.