Favourite Movie 05/06
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Favourite Movie 05/06

Default Favourite Movie 05/06

What's been your favourite movie so far this year...

Well I have to be honest I say I have actually only been to the cinema once or twice this year, and I would have to say that I really enjoyed seeing "Hitch" starring Will Smith.

What other films have you seen this year, and which was your most enjoyable!

Default Re: Favourite Movie 2005

The Hichhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I personally never saw it, but my cousion told me all about it.

But one that I actually saw, would be National Treasure. The quest for a tresure set by the founding fathers of America.
    The jerk formerly known as J.

I have to agree with J completely; I'm in the same boat as him.

David, do you get American films in Britain as soon as they're released here, or what's the delay like for getting them over there?

By now the best film in 2005 has been, of course, Star Wars III. But i also really liked Ring 2 and SAW...!

besides Star Wars III I'd say "Shaun of the Dead"

Don't ask ME.

Quote Originally Posted by J.
    The Hichhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I personally never saw it, but my cousion told me all about it.
    Watch it and then tell me what was funny about it... sadly, the movie was really bad.

I've heard great things about the Hitchhiker's Guide.... I'm not a fan of Star Wars, so that movie didn't excite me, but what did amuse me was all the media coverage Bittorrent received over that thing. I actually did a report on it for my school's new program too. Hearing students' thoughts on the whole illegal process was quite interesting.

All the movies I've watched this year have been really cool! I highly recommend all of these.

Ring 2 - the only one I watched in a theater. It wasn't as good as the first one, and made even less sense (there were quite a few flaws in the first one), but still really fun.

Motorcycle Diaries - It's about Che Guvera. I'm not gonna tell you the plot b/c it sounds boring but is really really cool. It's in Spanish though so you'll have to read subtitles (like me).

Maria Full of Grace - It's about a drug mule. Serious but not boring. My history teacher was like 'if you're thinking about doing drugs, watch this movie,; it will change your mind' ( I wasn't thinking about it, so I can't vouch for that). Again, Spanish.

My Sassy Girl - crude, sappy, but absolutely hilariously. Complete randomness (like MitM). It's one of only two romantic comedies I can stand (the other one's About a Boy). Again, subtitles (but this time for Korean)
    In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly crazy -Homer Simpson

I wish I could recommend Hitch, Hotel Rwanda and Downfall, but thanks to school I haven't seen them.

H2G2 - I've heard bad things about it. I'm a big DNA fan and don't want to see it ruined. I have very low hopes considering that he died before most of it was done and had no say.

Ok, I just looked them up and MD and MFoG are from 04 and MSG is from 01. I lied, unintentionally. But I still recommend them!

woo, 90th post!
    In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly crazy -Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by yardgames
    I have to agree with J completely; I'm in the same boat as him.

David, do you get American films in Britain as soon as they're released here, or what's the delay like for getting them over there?
    It very much depends on the film. Some films, like the new Star Wars are simulcast in about 30 different countries at the same time.

British movies we usually get around the same time. Usually there is about 1 or 2 months I would say between you watching it and us watching it - but as I said, the big name films are usually simulcast so we get them at exactly the same time - infact because of the timezones we can even end up seeing them before you!