Favourite Movie 05/06

Ryebeach

Re: Favourite Movie 2005

metal_face said:
I absolutely loved batman begins, hands down best movie in 2005...so far
I'd have to agree with that statement metal_face. I've seen many movies this year but none have really stood out that I would remember them days (or even hours) after I saw them. Batman Begins was excellent. The casting was supberb. Michael Caine stole every scene he was in as Alfred. Morgan Freeman's role wasn't too substantial but he was great, as usual. Other supporting roles were filled perfectly as well. Christian Bale had a daunting task of creating a younger Bruce Wayne and making the audience believe he is Batman. He pulled it off, hands-down. He had the right combination of vulnerability, determination and humor to make it real. I hope he returns to the role should further Batman films be made.

Also, I don't know how many of you are fans of Cillian Murphy, who played nutjob Dr. Jonathan Crane, but he is an amazing actor, see; 28 Days Later and On the Edge. After I saw the film I read he was considered for the role of Batman but as good an actor he is, I couldn't picture him as Batman. Bruce Wayne maybe but not Batman. At any rate, he was perfect in the role as Dr. Crane.

Garbage Kills Megan

parties with your mom

Cillian Murphy was fantastic. I've seen Batman twice now. I just had to go see it again. I've always loved Christian Bale. I grew up with the movie Newsies, which I still watch all the time, and American Psycho is one of my top ten movies. Gary Oldman is wonderful too. Fifth Element is my favorite Sci-fi movie. Wonderful cast. Great movie.

Bat-tastic!!

Ryebeach

Garbage Kills Megan said:
I've always loved Christian Bale. I grew up with the movie Newsies, which I still watch all the time, and American Psycho is one of my top ten movies.
Have you ever seen Christian in Empire of the Sun from 1987? The film was directed by Steven Spielberg and Christian was just a kid in it but he was simply awesome in it and essentially carried the film all by himself. Not something too many child actors could handle.

NeCoHo

Retired Mod

I'd didn't see any movies in 2006 yet, but I'm sure at least a few of you have. (unless you're Sam or myself, who are social pariahs who only have 3 friends, or in my case, 3 friend not in band :D)

Dabney

Deutscher Moderator
Uhm... it's hard to decide, i think the best movie so far was either Saw 2 or Walk the Line. I liked both films a lot, but Reese Witherspoon was in Walk the Line, and she was really cute, so I think that film is my favorite so far...

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
It's a tough one because, regardless of the box office slump, there were some pretty good movies this past year(some, I say). But yeah, I have to say "Batman Begins" was my favorite because I finally got to see one of my favorite comic book characters regain his movie dignity after his last movie debacle(three words:Batman and Robin).

simon_4420

I'm sure that I've said this before but it was a real highlight to my year lol... I got a tour round the set of the film batman begins!!:D It was filmed not to far from where I live!

But yes it was a great film, much better than I had expected! I really want to see Munich when it comes on o DVD as I missed it at the cinima

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
I saw Stealth again, because I hadn't seen it in a while, and it's a pretty good movie. I liked it a lot. (military sci-fi... great stuff...)

han_keep_smilin

mine has to be shaun of the dead
scary movie 3 although i dont know if that was 2005...
i also liked saw although very gory.
i saw these with a friend though not at cinema:D