'The Middle' a 'Malcolm in the Middle' Rip Off?
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 'The Middle' a 'Malcolm in the Middle' Rip Off?

Default 'The Middle' a 'Malcolm in the Middle' Rip Off?

Front Page Post

[See Front Page Post for Video]

The Middle is a new ABC sitcom based around a mother of 3, Frankie (!?) Heck (Patricia Heaton) she's "middle class in the middle of the country and is rapidly approaching middle age." Not surprisingly as soon as anyone heard about the show, thoughts turn to Malcolm in the Middle. I find it hard to believe you'd have a quirky (read dysfunctional) family based sitcom called The Middle and not expect everyone to compare it to Malcolm, but maybe that's what ABC wanted? The next Malcolm in the Middle?

OK, so the title of this post was a bit of link bait I don't, based on the previews, believe The Middle is a Malcolm rip off, but I had a quick bit of fun matching some scenes in the above video. AOL calls it "a dead ringer for Malcolm in the Middle with its realistic, wry take on regular family life" and they continue saying "little Atticus Shaffer steals the show as younger son Brick".

[See Front Page Post for Video]

It looks to have potential and I'll be sure to check it out. It debuts on ABC 8:30pm EST, September 30th.

Source: ABC & AOL TV

Wow thanks for this info!

This rip-off looks pretty good (I hate rip-offs but some are good).

Might be an OK show, but i feel if it gets any popularity, people will forget MITM
    Follow Malcolm in the Middle cast members on Twitter: twitter.com/MITM/cast

Be fans of Justin Berfeild's (Reese) new production company, Virgin Produced on Facebook and Twitter

and while you are at it, add me on facebook and twitter

Quote Originally Posted by AlexTheMartian View Post
    Might be an OK show, but i feel if it gets any popularity, people will forget MITM
    Same way I feel.

It's tough to say how it will be, for me personally nothing can be MITM because it was almost a perfect storm of when it was on in my life that made it so important to me, but for the general public, I don't think it could be as successful or as high quality (they don't neccasarily go hand in hand lol) without the excellent cast chemistry and talent MITM had.

Ha, they even borrowed Hal's "Stuck in the Middle with You" song.

Yes, I noticed

10 days left.

Is it going to stream online somewhere in HD ?

Quote Originally Posted by MITM_Fan View Post
    10 days left.

Is it going to stream online somewhere in HD ?
    I can't find anything official one way or the other, but my best guess is each episode will be viewable on ABC's official site the day after it initially airs. The only potential issue would be licensing it for online streaming as it's not owned by the ABC network. Warner Brothers Television owns the show and I know there are some shows Warner Bros. don't allow the networks to stream on their websites.

Did anyone else catch the premiere of 'The Middle'? I watched it and was very disappointed. It's trying so hard to be Malcolm in the Middle, but it's not even in the same league. The humor feels forced, where on 'Malcolm' it was all so natural. The youngest son looks like a creepy, ugly version of Dewey and the mom even has the exact same hairstyle as Lois.

Default New serie that malcom's fan might like

Hello,
    I just watched the pilot of " The middle ". Thats about 3 kids and parents. same kind of show as Malcom's in the middle. the mum is a lot like lois and the little boy is some kind of a freak like dewey. Just take a look. you might get it here : http://www.mininova.org/get/3004289