Malcolm in the Middle Site NL

Malcolm Wilkerson

Dear People of MITMVC,

i want to start with apologisch because of my bad english

i have an question may i start an Dutch version of MITMVC?

if you people agree with it should you can help me with it if it has a start i can pick it up and go on my own next to you and if you want to it will become an sister site of this site only for dutch people?

thanks for reading it.

greetings Malcolm Wilkerson(roy van plateringen)

PS: the link will gonna be for now : http://www.malcolminthemiddle.jlkfree.com

Last edited:

Richiepiep

Administrator
Hi Roy,

Welcome from another Dutch fan! No need to apologize! We all make the best of it on this forum, and there are lots of members around from non-English speaking countries. As long as we can understand each other, and I can certainly understand you very well indeed. ;)

I don't think I've ever seen another Dutch member on this board in the 5 years I've been on (I re-registered last year), so it's quite a surprise to me. Correct me if I'm wrong, TJ!

I think it's a great idea to start a Dutch site. I don't think I know of another one. There may be one or two 'Fan Hyves', but they are not really maintained or very interesting. It's up to the administrator to decide if and how you can set up a partner site to MITMVC. I just help with the Gallery section around here.

So, what would you like to do with this site? Create a Dutch forum? Put up stuff that is more relevant to Dutch users? Provide Dutch subtitles? It'd be interesting to see what your plans are.

Met de beste wensen/best wishes,

Richard

(Ik heet je welkom als óók een Nederlandse fan! Je excuses zijn niet nodig, want we maken er allemaal gewoon het beste van op deze site met heel veel gebruikers die ook geen Engels als moedertaal hebben. Zolang we elkaar maar kunnen verstaan, en dat is bij jou echt geen probleem, hoor!

Ik zit al 5 jaar op deze site, ik ben vooral het afgelopen jaar actief geworden, toen ik me opnieuw heb aangemeld en ik eindelijk alle afleveringen kon zien op Comedy Central. Ik ben hier nog geen Nederlandse of Vlaamse fans tegengekomen, maar misschien zit ik ernaast.

Wat mij betreft is het een geweldig idee ook een Nederlandse fansite te beginnen. Ik heb wel eens een paar Fanhyves gezien geloof ik, maar dat is het dan ook, en die waren nou niet echt interessant of goed onderhouden. Ik beheer alleen de Gallerie hier, en de administrators zullen moeten bekijken of je een partner kunt worden.

Ik weet niet wat je plannen zijn. Wil je een Nederlands forum starten, of matariaal op je site zetten dat iets met Nederlandse zaken (Comedy Central, NL programma's, ideeën) te maken heeft, of misschien bijdragen aan Nederlandse ondertitels of ondertitelde versies? Steek maar van wal. Ik praat nu even Nederlands tegen je, maar op zich houden we het hier bij het Engels als voertaal. Je kan me natuurlijk altijd mailen in het Nederlands. Je ziet misschien wel beneden in het forum dat we ook een Duitse sectie hebben, en een link naar een Franse partner site. Dat zou een idee zijn
)

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Welcome Roy,

I have just responded to your email. Its great that you want to get a site together for Dutch fans.

We are very happy to support other MITM related sites. We don't "own" MITM fansites, so of course you are free to make one. :)

Although we have no trademark (and don't plan to) on our name "Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community" / "Malcolm in the Middle VC" / "MITMVC" - I don't want any other websites using them (however we can't stop you). Using our name causes confusion.

Why not make your site different and original? Choose a Dutch name maybe?

I'm very flattered you like the site so much you want to imitate it, but I think being original is cool.

As stated at the bottom of every page "Posted content and site design, unless source quoted, is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0"

You are welcome to copy stuff from the site but you need to follow that licence above, read it.

Working on this site is enough work for me, so I don't have the time to work on a second, but others here may.

Once your site is up and running I'd be happy to promote it. :)

Richiepiep

Administrator
Roy, is it too much trouble now to rename your site to something else than Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community? We already have that name, which is a bit confusing, and, frankly, even we wanted to change it at one point, because we're no longer all about rating and voting! But that's how we started about 8 years ago, and people are now familiar with that name.

I see that the URL of your site is not related to the name, so how about something like Dutch Malcolm in the Middle Fan Community, or as you want to create the site in Dutch or for the Dutch anyway, MITM Nederlandse Fansite of iets dergelijks! ;)

Rich