Malcolm in the middle season 2 on dvd petition - Page 2
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Malcolm in the middle season 2 on dvd petition

Thanks tj. I'm sure I'll enjoy it here.

I wonder how much signatures/fans you'd need before they consider to release S2 on DVD. Guess S1 didn't sell enough to make profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansem View Post
    Thanks tj. I'm sure I'll enjoy it here.

I wonder how much signatures/fans you'd need before they consider to release S2 on DVD. Guess S1 didn't sell enough to make profit.
    Ansem, alas, it's just a music rights issue for the remaining DVDs, which have become extremely, even prohibitively expensive now that music companies realise they're losing a lot on illegal song downloads, and DVDs are one of few milch cows they can make a profit on. It's actually a matter of, like, 10,000s of dollars to get clearances, especially for a music-driven series like MITM, and this keeps them from releasing. Bryan Cranston and Chris Masterson have just confirmed this in our chats.

See for instance this post and other ones in this thread, it's also in our FAQ by the way: http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/...d.php?t=2520#9

If people like Bryan and Chris don't point us to the key people for this issue, there's very little we can do. But they have promised to look into it.

Rich
    All the people are so happy now, their heads are caving in.
    I'm glad they are a snowman with protective rubber skin.

Beiß mein' Schorf, Blasenloch!

That's a lot of money indeed, DVD sales probably don't make up for that.
    Cool that Bryan and Chris will look into it though.

I think that FOX was going to release the rest, but as they kept delaying the release date, the costs just went up and up.