Malcolm in the middle season 2 on dvd petition

Richiepiep

Administrator
I just have! The more initiatives, the merrier! About 1200 signatures as I'm writing is quite something to begin with!

Rich

mokaman51

PLEASE PLEASE POST WE NEED IT BEFORE THE 9TH OF JANURARY AND THATS REALLY SOON WELL I HOPE ITS FINISHED BEFORE 9TH OF JANURARY. but anyway the reason why the number is not going up is because no one verefies it and if you want to know the number so far well it is 1,253 the goal is 2,000 and if it it 2,000 people and over wanting to buy it then FOX will get alot of money so it should be enough to get more money than the amount of money to make it anyway the link again is http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/malcolm2dvd/

EDIT: also remember to verifiy after signing the petition or the post wont count

Gouki

Not to bring it down, but online petitions rarely, if ever work. And you'd need tens of thousands of people to sign it.

mokaman51

Yeah I know but it's past thousand and now were trying to get two thousand maby you ment a million

Edit: oh I didn't see that you wrote tens of thousands

MITM_Fan

Petitions don't really work.

If they wanted to release all seasons they'd paid already the music copyrights, and that costs a lot of money so I doubt FOX will be willing to spend millions.

I wish they were all out by know, it's 2010 and still we just have season 01.

Oh, and what about "The Wonder Years" ? That didn't even got to DVD, so I'd say we are lucky to have MITM's S01 in DVD at the best.

Richiepiep

Administrator
Petitions don't really work.

If they wanted to release all seasons they'd paid already the music copyrights, and that costs a lot of money so I doubt FOX will be willing to spend millions.

I wish they were all out by know, it's 2010 and still we just have season 01.

Oh, and what about "The Wonder Years" ? That didn't even got to DVD, so I'd say we are lucky to have MITM's S01 in DVD at the best.

Indeed! I know petitions may not work, but they do help sometimes. Fans were very vocal about releasing Ally McBeal, for instance, which was said to have helped speed up the process. I just find it sad that the number of people signing the petition has stuck at 1200 now for a couple of months!

Rich

Ansem

Set up a facebook group, you'll probably have more succes there if you do it well. :) Make sure you use a good description then.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Set up a facebook group, you'll probably have more succes there if you do it well. :) Make sure you use a good description then.

Welcome Ansem, we hope you enjoy your stay. We have a facebook fan page (see below) and also I run a few groups.

Sadly we have lost control over our Facebook page, so we can't update it, I might get in contact with Facebook again sometime to get it back.

Ansem

Thanks tj. :) I'm sure I'll enjoy it here. ;)

I wonder how much signatures/fans you'd need before they consider to release S2 on DVD. Guess S1 didn't sell enough to make profit.

Richiepiep

Administrator
Thanks tj. :) I'm sure I'll enjoy it here. ;)

I wonder how much signatures/fans you'd need before they consider to release S2 on DVD. Guess S1 didn't sell enough to make profit.

Ansem, alas, it's just a music rights issue for the remaining DVDs, which have become extremely, even prohibitively expensive now that music companies realise they're losing a lot on illegal song downloads, and DVDs are one of few milch cows they can make a profit on. It's actually a matter of, like, 10,000s of dollars to get clearances, especially for a music-driven series like MITM, and this keeps them from releasing. Bryan Cranston and Chris Masterson have just confirmed this in our chats.

See for instance this post and other ones in this thread, it's also in our FAQ by the way: http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=2520#9

If people like Bryan and Chris don't point us to the key people for this issue, there's very little we can do. But they have promised to look into it.

Rich

Ansem

That's a lot of money indeed, DVD sales probably don't make up for that.
Cool that Bryan and Chris will look into it though. :)