Does Lois yell too much?
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does Lois yell too much?

Default Does Lois yell too much?

Most of the time, I'm the only one in my house who watches MITM. My brother finds it, to quote him, stupid; my dad has better things to watch; my mom doesn't like to watch it because she gets sick of hearing Lois yell. Do you guys think Lois yells too much, or is her yelling one of the series' gems?

Default Re: Does Lois yell too much?

Personally, I agree with the latter. I think it is extremely funny when Lois gets mad at the boys, or whoever she happens to be angry with. She's one scary woman, there's no doubt about that. I wouldn't cross her. I love the opening in "Water Park" when Hal comes rushing into the boys' bedroom, telling them he needs someone to "take the fall" and we hear Lois crying out in anger, and each time it gets louder and louder. If I was Malcolm, I'd have made it fifty dollars. Lois sounded quite mad.

Andy Gibb aged 12 (1970) and River Phoenix

I 100% agree that Lois definitely yells too much, a lot of the time making a big deal out of nothing.

And in my opinion they shouldn't have suddenly made Hal a yelling parent as well, since he wasn't in Seasons 1 and 2 then in Season 3 he suddenly changed. Especially since Bryan Cranston was not as good at acting the yelling scenes, like in Reese's Apartment.

I was just thinking today about how little Hal yells, actually. Sometimes he seems to go a bit crazy and not know quite what to do, but I don't think he yells very often. The best example I could think of was Book Club where there were a billion Hal's, but again, he was going crazy more than he was yelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo22
    Especially since Bryan Cranston was not as good at acting the yelling scenes, like in Reese's Apartment.
    Was Reese's Apartment the one where Reese did something so horrible Hal couldn't get words out? That was good yelling. "Nooo complain!"

Nobody knows the name of the city where I live; it is in California but it isnt L.A.

Lois yells too much, that's a fact. But I dont find that annoying. Actually I think that the yelling makes her even funnier!
    "I am Malcolm"

I don't think that Lois yells too much. She yells just right, you know, it's sort of exaggerated realism, but realistic nonetheless.

I think I got used to her yelling. She has a loud voice and isn't afraid to use it. What tops it, is that she is on 180 degrees about nearly everything. But as I said: You get used to her temper very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo22
    I 100% agree that Lois definitely yells too much, a lot of the time making a big deal out of nothing.

And in my opinion they shouldn't have suddenly made Hal a yelling parent as well, since he wasn't in Seasons 1 and 2 then in Season 3 he suddenly changed. Especially since Bryan Cranston was not as good at acting the yelling scenes, like in Reese's Apartment.
    I totally agree on that one...Lois is permanently making a big deal out of nothing, that's what annoys me. She used to be funnier with that kind of attitude in season 1 and 2 but it became highly annoying since season 3.
    Hal yelling, ok...he is rarely but if he does, it sometimes can be very hilarous. Remember him when Francis briefly came home before leaving for Alaska, climbing on that tree and Hal biting in his ankle?

Don't ask ME.

Lois is a control freak, she's supposed to make a big deal about everything. But is she supposed to yell about it?