Season 6 ratings

Garbage Kills Megan

parties with your mom
Entertainment Weekly compiled a complete ranking of the 2004-2005 TV season in their june 10th issue. (pg 97 if you ever want to grab a quick peek at a bookstore or something) So, if you're wondering how Malcolm ranked this season:

The list goes from 1 to 156, number one being American Idol with 27.4 million viewers, and number 156 being "Big Man on Campus" (which I believe was some horrible reality show) with 1.7 million viewers. Malcolm ranked 103, with 5.6 million viewers. This is a 33% drop in viewership from last season, one of the highest drops on the list. Must be because of the schedule change and conflicts with football.

If you want to know where another show landed on the list, just let me know.

MITM18

It is also because its the least promoted/advertised show on FOX, they barely show any advertisments for upcoming episodes, the only ones I see are a minute before the episode starts.

Garbage Kills Megan

parties with your mom
I feel like that changed halfway through the season too. I remember seeing ads for the Pearl Harbor episode a couple days before it aired. But by the end of the season I had no idea what an episode was going to be about unless I looked it up online.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I saw a few ads for Stilts. I think I saw a Stilts ad during American Idol; it was touted as the "must-see" of the season, but advertising was horrible. And the fact that they played just the last ten minutes of the first five new eps--that didn't help either. I certainly hope it will be better next season, but Fridays are not traditionally a popular TV-watching night.

Amigo22

Super Moderator
The TV station here did well with its advertising of MITM while it was still on TV, advertising what will happen in the episode, which ads are supposed to show. Showing the last ten minutes of an episode is a stupid way to advertise. Had that been what they did here then it would be unsurprising why they cancelled it, but that was not the case.