Linwood Boomer Stepping Down
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Thread: Linwood Boomer Stepping Down

Default Linwood Boomer Stepping Down

According to Variety.com, Linwood Boomer is stepping down as exec producer to the show. I have managed to get hold of the article and its now breaking news on our homepage.

http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/...read.php?t=362

Does this mean the end of Malcolm in the Middle the "way" we know it to be. Will it loose its zanny crazyness, yet make everything seem so believable anymore?

Any thoughts?

Default Re: Linwood Boomer Stepping Down

no. he'll still be there, and the new guys has done some good stuff. the writers will be the same, personally i think there wont be any noticables changes. except that fox defo wont be doing another season after 7.

Wow, I'm quite surprised, I must say. As rare as it is, Linwood always made it sound like he would defy the odds.

wow, i think he has rubbed his crazyness onto a couple writers. This will be a change, but nothing MITM can't handle.
    The jerk formerly known as J.

I would be more worried if the show was at the top of it's game right now, but it's not. I think it will probably be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Garbage Kills Megan
    I would be more worried if the show was at the top of it's game right now, but it's not. I think it will probably be ok.
    Yeah, I have to agree with you there, the show is no longer at its peak, really Boomer does need to get out now - otherwise he will just be stereocast as the "MITM" director. I think he is a great man, with great idea. I have really enjoyed MITM in the early days and 3rd Rock from the Sun, another of his creations I found fabulous as well - sadly it was so underated in the US

Its about time that he leaves. I wondered why he didn´t leave earlier. He should do some great new other shows. a man with his potential shouldn´t be stuck to one show for such a long time.

I don´t worry about mitm. it will be fine. the crew has shown what they can do, i guess they will be fine without him. maybe there will be some fresh new wind in mitm´s last season.

Yeah he is continuing to work with Regency and FOX so hopefully we can see some more great programmes, that are equally good or better than MITM or 3rdROCK

Probably sounds obvious, but often a change can be a good thing. Linwood Boomer leaving could just freshen things up and benefit the show with a few new ideas etc. I wonder how easy it will be for him to give up control of the show though? Perhaps he'll see other people doing his old job and try and "interfere", clawing back his control of the show!, then again maybe he's not such a conrtol freak!
    You'll Never Walk Alone!