Did Dewey ever swear or cuss?

MITM_Fan

Swearing or cussing I don't remember clearly, but he did blackmail Malcolm and Jammie.

Well, it really wasn't blackmailing but paid him to look as a fool for days in Malcolm's situation and in Jammie's he done the same, J. asked for a ring/neckless and Dewey did the same.

In general the serie did have some low-bad language but did not get censored, as I know only 1 ep was censored by Sky One.

Amigo22

Super Moderator
In 604 Pearl Harbor when Lois is telling stories of her past, Dewey says she was a "bad ass".

EzPz

In Season 3 Episode 20 (Jury Duty), while they're in the sewer, Dewey says:
"I knew it! I knew you were going to find someway to ruin this for me. Even when you’re trying to be nice you make me miserable, and now, I get to die in a sewer. A perfect end to a crappy life!" (10:06-10:20)

Although as flipfreak4 said, it might not be cussing in the USA.

Miblio

Hmm, this thread may be a bit old, but why not keep the conversation going?

In the US, "crappy" isn't really considered a swear, at least by most people. I do remember him saying "For God's sake" a few times, I beleive--not technically a swear, although I suppose a few people may take offense? Eh, Dewey was too sweet to swear when he was younger, at least! :p

Amigo22

Super Moderator
"Crap" and "damn" were both used often throughout the series but like Miblio said, they aren't really swear words, I'd call them alternatives to swearing.

PeterU

Super Moderator
The difficult thing is -- how do you 'do' swearing in what needs to remain a family show? If you look at 1x13 Rollerskates, they cover the issue by the screeching brakes and other noises 'covering up' the bad word that Malcolm used at his father. That was obviously a big part of the plot of that episode, and not just incidental swearing, but it shows that it is a little difficult to be realistic about the language that the boys might actually use without having a 'proxied' way of showing it that would be complicated and possibly confusing.

They can get away with 'crap', 'damn', of course, so maybe Dewey's use of these suggests he would have used other words just as much as his brothers.

Amigo22

Super Moderator
In 208 "Therapy', Reese says Lois "really pissed him off" when she took away his hockey stick because he was hitting Dewey with it.

Dew_Fan

Don't know what ep it is from????

I am not quite sure what ep it is from, but Dewey, Lois, and Hal went to the airport for Dewey music thing, when they go though security, Dewey says, "Just show them your boobs" not sure if that counts but . . .

ivystar8

He said 'crap' in Ida Loses a Leg. Not sure whether this is counted as cussing in the US tho.
No, 'crap' isn't a swear in the US, I am only 10, and I say it at school. I have an 8 year old brother, and he says it way more than me. I usually use variations of it though, such as 'crapola'. ;)

jasinfla

How about this:

Dewey: I'm not emotionally disturbed, what the hell is wrong
with you?

He says to Francis in the "Buseys Take a Hostage" episode from season 6.

Amigo22

Super Moderator
How about this:

Dewey: I'm not emotionally disturbed, what the hell is wrong
with you?

He says to Francis in the "Buseys Take a Hostage" episode from season 6.

Lois also said "What the hell is wrong with you?" to Reese in "Lois Battles Jamie" also from Season 6.

nicjmartin

I've definitely heard him say "hell" once or twice, and I almost think I've heard him say, "ass" or some variation thereof, but I'm not sure.