Product Placement in MITM
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Product Placement in MITM

Default Product Placement in MITM

has anybody noticed that all the kids in mitm wear puma sneakers all the time? im a bit of a sneaker collector so i noticed this. it got me thinking though. is there any other companies that noticeably place products in mitm. Also can someone confirm the connection between puma and mitm.

Default Re: product placement

I know what you mean, the production studio may have a deal with them.

I'll ask when I speak to my friends

Update:

Yes they do as I suspected.

New Regency has experienced strong growth with the quality and depth of its film library continuing to improve, the ongoing success of its television series JV with Fox, particularly with ‘Malcolm in the Middle’, and with the increased value of its 35% stake in PUMA.

I really dont mind it at all. Let them do it, increase the profits of New Regency, they are a good company.

Quote Originally Posted by talat@dv8shoes.com
    has anybody noticed that all the kids in mitm wear puma sneakers all the time? im a bit of a sneaker collector so i noticed this. it got me thinking though. is there any other companies that noticeably place products in mitm. Also can someone confirm the connection between puma and mitm.
    An excellent thread start talat, and well spotted, I didn't even notice it!

I personally haven't noticed anything else, but a while ago someone said that most of the clothes the boys where are designer clothes.. I don't know if thats true - but it wouldn't suprise me.

A little of topic, but Ofcom (UK TV Regulator) will still not allow Product placement (for money) within television programmes in the UK

In the US, that thing happens all the time. In movies, for example, they'll purposely zoom in close on logos. Really quite funny, the ways people are now coming up with to advertise. Maybe some day, they'll simply focus on Lois using L'Oreal make-up, or the boys watching some Fox program on TV, and then we can completely skip the commercials.

With the birth of DVRs and PVRs and the ability to rewind television, I do expect product placement to increase.

"I" now choose what I want to watch and when I want to watch it. I don't sit throuhg adverts anymore, I program my PVR in advance and it records up 80hours of television onto its harddrive, and I just sit down and watch whatever I want to watch whenever I want to!

Yeah, but you make a whole bunch of money off of your web hosting business. Some of us can't find jobs that easily.

I totally agree that product placement should be allowed as the shows represent reality and these are the brand names we see every day. Just as long as the products dont play centre stage and dont affect scripts, stories etc.

But the whole point is for them to be center stage, because then it's another form of advertising for those companies.

If it isnt like how they did advertising in the truman show movie, then I am good.

That's a very funny movie. When Truman's wife is saying an advertisment about the cofee, and Truman says, who are you talking to

What about the shoe company mentioned in Stilts? Is it real?

Quote Originally Posted by MITM18
    When Truman's wife is saying an advertisment about the cofee, and Truman says, who are you talking to
    I remember that!
    In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly crazy -Homer Simpson