Hey. Hi. Hello.

Salamander

What's uppp? Haha, my name is Sera. I'm a sixteen year old American girl (remember me as the chick with the frog avatar) anddd I've just recently been interested in MITM. Like, since it started airing on Nick@Nite. I know, I know, I'm a newbie. Shutup! XD Oh, and I love to talk. About anything. So IM me, email me, whatever you feel comfortable with. :)

Err, anyway. Just wanted to introduce myself. =] Since these threads usually consist of the OP rambling on and on about themselves, why don't you tell me about you?

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Welcome Sera, nice introduction. We don't mind new fans, actually its great to see new fans. I under estimated the effect Nick showing Malcolm would have, but as some have said before, its opening the show up to a new generation.

We hope you enjoy your stay.

Salamander

Oh yeah, I know, right? A lot of kids I know will say that they didn't watch the show until it came on here a few weeks ago, and some older fans are getting back into it. I'll tell my friends that I'm watching MITM, and they'll say, "I remember that show!"

Haha, it's great.

MITM_Fan

Hi.

Sera not Sara?

Oh btw, it's great to see new MitM lovers, too bad N@N edits the episodes, but if you want them UNCUT just download them via RapidShare/MegaUpload/Torrent or IRC (damn! I don't know which channel they're on).

Lparsons7981

Oh yeah, I know, right? A lot of kids I know will say that they didn't watch the show until it came on here a few weeks ago, and some older fans are getting back into it. I'll tell my friends that I'm watching MITM, and they'll say, "I remember that show!"

Haha, it's great.

Awesome, glad to know their are more people getting into the show.

Welcome to the forums :)

Salamander

Hi.

Sera not Sara?

Oh btw, it's great to see new MitM lovers, too bad N@N edits the episodes, but if you want them UNCUT just download them via RapidShare/MegaUpload/Torrent or IRC (damn! I don't know which channel they're on).
Yup, Sera. Short for Serafina, sounds like Sarah.

Haha, I noticed that! I've downloaded some off this site (so amazing how they're all on MegaUpload, I love it <3) and sometimes beginning stuff is cut and whatnot. I think the reason is that Nick needs more sponsors and the episodes are normally twenty-two minutes long, so they have to cut out things that they deem are "unimportant" to the plot to have more time for commercials.

Buuuut.. it's just a theory. Quite disappointing, though. I feel like I'm missing out.

Richiepiep

Administrator
I think the reason is that Nick needs more sponsors and the episodes are normally twenty-two minutes long, so they have to cut out things that they deem are "unimportant" to the plot to have more time for commercials.

Buuuut.. it's just a theory. Quite disappointing, though. I feel like I'm missing out.

A warm welcome to you, Sera! Great to see new fans! What you noticed about the Nick@Nite is right, I think. We just discussed this at length in another thread:

http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=2277

Yes, they like to cram as many commercials in as they can, which is really sad, because it's butchering the original vision of the makers. It's not unique to sitcoms. There are a lot of movies running let's say 96 minutes or 128 minutes which were gradually whittled down to more 'manageable' lengths on every rerelease or TV showing. A combination of commercial placement, as you say, easier time slots and sometimes censorship.

When these were restored for DVD release, technicians and original crew were appalled to find out that cuts had even been applied to the film masters, meaning they had to piece together video and audio from various, often inferior, copies they had to search for all over the world.

A similar thing is happening with music rights, meaning companies cannot release a movie or TV series to DVD unless they pay enormous amounts for all the songs they used. This is why only Season 1 of 'Malcolm' is available on official DVD. In some cases, the original songs are replaced with bland covers or cheaper, 'generic' soundtrack music, so what you get to hear for a reissue or DVD release is not the soundtrack that the creators supervised. But that's a different topic altogether!

Luckily, we have the downloads!

Best,

Richard