What's the deal with Ranks, User Titles & Avatars?

I need help. It's kind of a dumb question,but, what are the member icons(the Malcolm heads that go from junior member to moderator)? What do they mean, represent, or symbolize? How do you gain ranks? I'm kind of new and I haven't quite figured out the site yet. so, if you can help, that would be great.:)

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
They are called Avatars/Displays Pictures/Icons whatever. On this site we call them "Avatars".

They are a small picture that you choose, and change as you wish. They are not based on "rank" on anything like that, any member can have one.

(you can find various profile and member control like this in your "Control Panel" which can be access by clicking the "cp" at the top left)

Edit Your Avatar Here

We have a selection for you to choose from, or you can upload your own.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Sorry yes, I totally miss read your post.

Alex is right. The Malcolm heads are referred to as "Ranks". The more posts your get the more heads you get.

You get 2 heads at 50 posts. 3 at 100, 4 at 400 and 5 at 1,000.

Your title such as "Junior Member" etc They increase with post count too. 30 posts you become a "Member" and 100 a "Senior Member".

Obviously if you are chosen as a moderator or site staff you get those special titles. Some senior members have custom titles, that they can change themselves.

MITM_Fan

Sorry yes, I totally miss read your post.

Alex is right. The Malcolm heads are referred to as "Ranks". The more posts your get the more heads you get.

You get 2 heads at 50 posts. 3 at 100, 4 at 400 and 5 at 1,000.

Your title such as "Junior Member" etc They increase with post count too. 30 posts you become a "Member" and 100 a "Senior Member".

Obviously if you are chosen as a moderator or site staff you get those special titles. Some senior members have custom titles, that they can change themselves.

That's it!

Basically it's the more you comment the more heads you get. Members of Staff get all heads.

Don't get worked up with the heads it doesn't make you a better person.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Sylwia923, please ensure your posts are in the right thread, stay on topic, or create a new thread. I have moved your post here. I think this thread will answer your question.