Malcolm in the Middle Now Airing on 'Nick at Nite' - Page 6
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Malcolm in the Middle Now Airing on 'Nick at Nite'

Other than the aforementioned cut, the episodes are really no different than what you'd see on FX or local TV. At least, near as I can tell. For those cuts, I wouldn't blame the network; as I have infamously and excessively bitched over the years, it's the distributor's fault.

Just as one example I read on the TV.com episode listing, they say that in 'Reese's Apartment', the bit where Reese watches TV and mistakes his neighbour's menacing behaviour for a TV show was cut in syndication.

I cannot back this up, and I wonder if this is censorship, because the scene as such doesn't look violent or explicit at all. Or is it just 'trimming' to shorten? You know how the long cold open for 'Home Alone 4' with Reese threatening Lois with his spoon full of rice was cut.

Some more scenes cut in syndication (TV.com info):

- Malcolm Holds His Tongue: no Francis and Piama scenes. Disgusting toe scene, after wearing those wet boots for days?

- Watching The Baby: Polly's scenes cut out.

Rich
    All the people are so happy now, their heads are caving in.
    I'm glad they are a snowman with protective rubber skin.

Beiß mein' Schorf, Blasenloch!

Nick at Nite, in my view they turned Malcolm in the Middle to a kids show, which is ain't a god damn childrens show, it's for all (PG).

Jesus christ it's nonsense censoring this serie, it has nothing to get offended about, I'd understand if it was japanese animation with bloody violent scenes, to take off but this no.

Quote Originally Posted by Richiepiep View Post
    Just as one example I read on the TV.com episode listing, they say that in 'Reese's Apartment', the bit where Reese watches TV and mistakes his neighbour's menacing behaviour for a TV show was cut in syndication.

I cannot back this up, and I wonder if this is censorship, because the scene as such doesn't look violent or explicit at all. Or is it just 'trimming' to shorten? You know how the long cold open for 'Home Alone 4' with Reese threatening Lois with his spoon full of rice was cut.

Some more scenes cut in syndication (TV.com info):

- Malcolm Holds His Tongue: no Francis and Piama scenes. Disgusting toe scene, after wearing those wet boots for days?

- Watching The Baby: Polly's scenes cut out.

Rich
    Exactly what you'd see on FX or the local television channels -- not for the sake of decency, but for the sake of revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by reese35 View Post
    Exactly what you'd see on FX or the local television channels -- not for the sake of decency, but for the sake of revenue.
    So why is that, because I'm not familiar with that on TV. Is it to squeeze more commercials in by shortening the episodes? Or to squeeze in more episodes per night? Or because they have fixed time slots, and by trimming a minute they can make shows start at full or half hours? Or can it involve censorship (I mean cutting undesirable scenes) as well?

Rich

Well, N@N can actually release the complete serie in DVD/Blu-Ray, but I do hope they're all UNCUT, I wouldn't buy if they were edited.

Remember FUNimation the american anime team? they show the animes on tv censored and on dvd/bluray they're uncut, so there's a probability that N@N is doing the same.

Quote Originally Posted by MITM_Fan View Post
    Well, N@N can actually release the complete serie in DVD/Blu-Ray, but I do hope they're all UNCUT, I wouldn't buy if they were edited.
    No, Nick bought the (cable) TV rights. Nothing else. Just like FX did a few years back, just like 20+ TV stations around the world have done.

The rights to release DVDs *could* be sold to somebody but this has not happened yet.

Nobody would release cut episodes on DVD, that just doesn't happen, there is no reason to do it.

The reason they are cut as has been said before is for time. They want more commercials. In 1 hour they show 2 episodes of MITM. They want as many adverts as possible without obviously making the episode not make sense. So they cut non-essential stuff. But as Reese35 has said the cutting probs isn't done by Nick, its was given to them that way by Twentieth Television (FOX) who cut them long ago when the show first went into syndication.

I guess its possible Nick has done extra cutting but I doubt it, it would take extra work.

But to sum up, Nick at Nite episodes are cut, to give time for extra commercial, just like on other channels. This has nothing to do with DVDs.
    Need help? Email Me Here

Nick might be a kids channel generally, but the "Nick at Nite" programming block as a whole appeals to adult and/or adolescent audiences, which is really what Malcolm in the Middle audience is. The programming block runs from 8pm (which is prime-time), throughout the entire night, and until morning.

Speaking of Nick at Nite, MITM being added to the lineup pushed "Home Improvement" all the way to 5am! I bet that show is going to get pulled from the network, probably when they add "Everybody Hates Chris" to Nick at Nite this fall.
    Follow Malcolm in the Middle cast members on Twitter: twitter.com/MITM/cast

Be fans of Justin Berfeild's (Reese) new production company, Virgin Produced on Facebook and Twitter

and while you are at it, add me on facebook and twitter

tjpeople, yes, true, I forgot they only got the cable rights.

alexthemartian, everybody hates chris, was cancelled, it only has 4 seasons and basically the last episode --spoiler-- he get's a letter saying something like to be a comedian, so that's what he's nowadays. well that's what I read, as the channel which was producing EHC cancelled and only if BET could get this, it would continue.

mitm at night won't have much success if it was during the mornings/evenings it would actually have.

I don't know MITM Fan, it's a great time to air it, if george lopez wasn't on right after because they play george lopez so much everybody has seen it but, it is a really convenient time the kids are settled down everybodys at home and relaxing its a great time all around