Malcolm in the Middle Now Airing on 'Nick at Nite'

They might put videos online. It could get popular and be put back in peaktime in the UK. Oh, and about being edited, they promised it being uncut. I don't know. I'll have to see.

Breaking: 'Malcolm' will NOT be shown at 11:00 on Fri.-Sat. as promised. It will now be shown at midnight on Fri.-Sat.!

One more day! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Tonite!!!

Yeah, they say things like:"Thats what my brother calls my cousin." Its funny.:D
Breaking: It's coming tonite! Quick post it in news, somebody let ppl know!!!!:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Breaking News:

Breaking: The episodes of the 'Malcolm' marathon have been released! The order of the episodes that the marathon show are as follows:
"Pilot"(TV-PG DLV),
"Sleepover"(TV-PG DLV),
"Red Dress" (TV-PG DL),
"Rollerskates" (TV-PG LV),
"Malcolm Babysits" (TV-PG DLSV),
"Home Alone 4" (TV-PG DLSV),
"Lois vs. Evil' (TV-PG DLV),
"Francis Escapes" (TV-PG DLV),
"Cheerleader" (TV-PG DLV),
and "Shame" (TV-PG DLV). can't wait:D

MITM_Fan

Dammit the Scene Groups HD haven't still released a single episode, hope they do in some time later.

Malcolm.In.The.Middle.S07E10.720p.HDTV.X264-DiMENSiON (an example) would be awesome.:D

reese35

Upon watching the videos on the N@N site, I can pretty much deduce the high chance they're gonna be the syndied versions. Well, 18 more minutes. And post #700.

reese35

8:00. The syndied bastards got us again. (no introductory cold opener) But a good ident to start off the night. And an MitM bug! - in the first 2-something minutes after the N@N bug appears, it turns into this.

DSCN0612.jpg

Last edited:

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
A MITM bug? That pretty cool. Yeah uncut was too good to be true. How can you not show the opener on the pilot?!

reese35

I blame whomever was bright enough to re-edit the whole stash. (Probably Steve Welch - he's had the longest tenure of all the editors)

AlexTheMartian

Nick has a history for trying to cut their shows to be the shortest possible, they sometimes don't even wait for credits to roll through, and just do a side-by-side with the opening of the next show showing on the right.

the cold openers are so short anyways. just be glad the show is being hyped again :)

reese35

In MitM's case, the credits aren't much to worry about. It's just a black screen with the instrumental version of "BoM" rolling over 'em. (But we all know that!)

AlexTheMartian

I was mainly pointing out if they don't spend the time to even show credits of shows on its own, then obviously they wont allow for the time to include the cold openers.

However I have no cable, so last time I saw Nick was in December :(

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Front Page Post

Back on June 8th it was announced that Nickelodeon had bought the cable rights to all the Malcolm in the Middle episodes. They are now airing it on their Nick at Nite prime time programming block on Nickelodeon (in the US) which is aimed at an older and family audience. It starts today with an all night marathon from 8pm (Eastern Time) till 1am (then repeated till 6am).

We have conducted a great deal of research with kids and families, and two things that we hear continuously are that they want to spend more time together and that watching television is one of their favorite ways of making that happen...By starting Nick at Nite at 8pm, and adding another terrific comedy series like Malcolm in the Middle, we will serve them further and build upon the great success we've had with contemporary family comedies - Cyma Zarghami (President of Nickelodeon)
We don't often report on when a TV station is showing Malcolm in the Middle mainly because we have an international audience. However this acquisition is great news for MITM, it shows how it continues to be valuable. In 2007 it was also acquired by the US cable channel FX. However this is bigger, Nick at Nite ranks as the number-two US cable network with Adults 18-49 (behind only USA Network) with 1.5 million viewers. Also Nickelodeon has been heavily advertising (something MITM has lacked in the past) on their channels. A quick search on Twitter and you will see many people excited and quoting the TV adverts.

Nickelodeon is a channel in many countries but from what is known this is a US based deal only. Don't expect to see Malcolm on Nickelodeon elsewhere. Nickelodeon also streams some shows on their website Turbo Nick, however as far as we know this was a cable TV deal only, so we won't see it online.

Nick have launched a companion website for the show which includes video clips (US only), Message Boards, Character/Actor Bios (brief and not completely accurate) and a basic About page. Nothing exciting, but a good design and nice to see they made the effort.

Its now airing: Sunday 8pm-9, 12am-1 and 2am-3. Monday - Thursday 8pm-9 and 12am-1. Friday at 12am-1 and 4am-5 and Saturday at 12am-1 and 2am-3. (Eastern Times)

The marathon is just season 1 episodes in the following order: 1x01 Pilot, 1x06 Sleepover, 1x02 Red Dress, 1x13 Rollerskates, 1x05 Malcolm Babysits, 1x03 Home Alone 4, 1x09 Lois vs. Evil, 1x07 Francis Escapes, 1x12 Cheerleader and 1x04 Shame.

[See Front Page Post for Video]

In the US its been on local broadcast syndication since 2004, sitcomsonline.com believe its local channels syndication will end this year, however I'm not so sure.

Source: THR.com, marketwatch.com | Many Thanks to deweyinthemiddle & reese35

Last edited:

AlexTheMartian

the local broadcast syndication will end this year? Nooooo :(. I don't have cable, that is all I can get. although I almost never catch the show when it is on anyways

Last edited: