What music are you listening to?

MITM-Fan

After the introduction of the "radio thread", now a general but also specific question. What kind of music are you guys listening to? And maybe what bands?
For me...I like rock music in general, mostly heavy metal.
Bands like: DIO, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Ozzy Osbourne...the list goes on and on but I'm more into groups which are years over years in this business. There aren't many new bands I like but I do like some of them, of course.
Now it's your turn...;)

:cool:

admin

Retired Administrator
I like quite a lot of stuff mainly Rock music, but I like alot of soundtrack music as well. Including Boss of Me, I'm No Superman (Scrubs) I'll Be There for You (Friends) and other theme tunes.

Generally I like rock, country, some classical and ochestra based but not much, popular etc.

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
I enjoy classial, trumpet pieces, and some marching tunes. Other then that I rarely listen to music, unless I'm playing it. :D

Dabney

Deutscher Moderator
i like rock music the most, in particular heavy metal (metallica, trivium, Testament, but also older bands like Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin etc). But I also love Blues (Cream, B.B. King, Stevie Ray Vaughan etc.) but i'm also interesed in other styles of music, so i also like some hip hop stuff (The roots), some classical music (Bruckner) or other styles (Fatboy slim)...:Whistle:

ekimanisirf

i have such a wide variety of music that its hard to keep track of everything. at the moment, my favourite bands are Prodigy, Crystal Method, Black Eyed Peas, Fischerspooner and The Faint... OH and Muse. yeah, everything except for BEP and Muse is like, umm, techno-rock/pop (?) i guess you could call it that. but i am very open to trying new things... yes, by things i mean MUSIC... well, everything except country... theres something about the twangy/whiney voices of country that really rub me the wrong way

ekimanisirf

It's actually a deep dark secret of mine, but I really do enjoy theatre music.... such as The Phantom of the Opera... which just HAPPENS to be on the satellite right now... but yeah. Oh man, and CHICAGO is great too

ekimanisirf

Music like that gives such a strong emotion. I really like when there is one solo voice that sings in those types of scenes... its really haunting. I also really like music that gives such strong emotions... I get that vibe from a lot of Damien Rice's stuff.

ekimanisirf

Wow, I like so many... I really like Debussy, especially his Au Claire du Lune. Umm, I do like Bach, Beethoven, uhh, I really dont know how to spell it, but Tchekovski, Chopin... and to be fair, I do like modern composers aswell... like Rob Dougan. How about you?

OH and I forgot about the music group Bond... they put modern twists on classical pieces... its actually really fun to listen to

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Wow, this was a bit weird. I'm glad the two of you were able to spark up a common interest there. Classical music makes you so tired, though, doesn't it?

Welcome to the forums, ekimanisirf, thanks for sharing your "deepest secret."

ekimanisirf

I figure my secret is safe with you guys ;).

Classical music can be relaxing and very energetic (?) at the same time. Pieces like Beethoven's 9th symphony is very powerful and moving. Its also very good music to do homework to... apparently it stimulates the thinking process.

Another interesting aspect of classical music is the story behind the pieces. For example, Beethoven's 9th is all about the duality of man. The good vs. evil of our personalities. It also glorifies and damns humans... dealing with the ascention to heaven and the fall from grace, to hell.

MITM18

Yeah, not at all.

Its very soothing and relaxing. Or it can give you alot of adrenaline if you have good action classical music.

You also need a good subwoofer to listen to music for the bass without bass your missing so much

ekimanisirf

The frequencies that are generated by classical music are really quite amazing... I've actually had my neighbour come yell at me for having it too loud... but if you are addicted to bass, like me, Rob Dougan is a definite must have. He does classical music with a modern twist... he does vocals and pure instrumentals. You might have heard some of his stuff in the Matrix trilogy, like his pieces Clubbed to Death and Furious Angels.

ekimanisirf

Okay, I hate to be so random and off topic, but I have a couple of questions.

Where are you guys located? How old are you? Male of Female?

I am male, 17 located in Ontario, Canada... yeah, Canada... eh, canuks, aboot and all that jazz

MITM18

Thats not random, just make a new thread for that question or questions:)

PS: Check your private messages

samboo1

I wanted to bring this thread back up, because we have a lot of new members (i do remember reading a thread about music, but this isnt it, but it'll do ;)) and people's music taste change. Well mine does. Right now im loving Panic! at the disco (probs my favourite band of the moment) and i also like Fall out boy.

What about you people:)

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
"radio thread"

Whats with that?

As of this second im really into The Kooks.

Digging up old threads is good, however at fist i was confuused cause i read the dates a 2006. :D