Malcolm in the Middle HD Episodes? - Page 2
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Malcolm in the Middle HD Episodes?

Maybe this person could help us, even if she's only interested in the haircut of Hayden.

Quote Originally Posted by tjpeople
    Technotrend S2-3200 PCI card w/ CI addon (Special PCI card to take Satalitle cable in) 120
    T-Rex v4.6 CAM module (for decrpting signal) 100
    Unfortunately this approach is no longer an option as in the past month or so Sky have issued new viewing cards and changed all encryption setting which the CAM module can't deal with.

As i've said before I've got the time, with a 3 month Uni holiday starting in 2 weeks.
    My parents have already got a SkyHD box and subscription(46 per month!) and my PC is capable of encoding to X264.
    I've also got 3.5tb of hard drive space and access to 100mb broadband:

However, i'd still need donations to cover the 350 ($550) cost of the capture and decryption devices. Any offers, lol.
    Last edited by Batch; Jun 7, 2009 at 11:00 AM.

Maybe we should make an donate announcement on the news page, then I think there will be a lot of people donating you, PayPal would be the best thing I think.

Thanks for the offer Batch, your definitely the best option we have.

I'm hesitant to start asking for donations, when money gets evolved things get complicated. However I'm seriously considering it.

I'd like peoples feedback. Questions...

Should people who donate "get" something? Maybe only the people who donate can get access to the episodes? If so there would need to be a minimum donation value.

What if we raise 300 but can't get the last 50? WHat happens to peoples money?

I guess the easiest option is to be completely simple.

"We need money to do this, the more people donate the better a chance we can do it"

And make it very clear that this is a donation and we guarantee nothing nor can we give money back.

We could go down the "pledge" option. Get people to say how much they are willing to pay, then if we get enough pledges, ask for the real money?
    Need help? Email Me Here

I think asking for pledges is a good idea and yes only the people who paid should get access to the downloads, because otherwise they wait until the other users paid enough and then download it for free. And we really have to trust the person who gets the money, 300 is a lot and we have no adress or something

I'd agree that only those donating should be able to access the episodes, and I would think that if they did donate, they would be less inclined to freely distribute them around the web.

What if we raise 300 but can't get the last 50? What happens to peoples money?
    Technology prices are only going to fall, so I would think that if a decent figure were to be raised, the money be kept until the equipment is affordable. Only problem here would be if it stppped airing.

I think we should make this as soon as we can, the main things were discussed so the donation request should be placed on the news site, and Batch really wants to do it? When he only has 3 months of freetime than this isn't enough for all the episodes.

This is a long term project it wont happen overnight.

My main issue is the possible perception of the exchange of money for episodes. I support the sharing of episodes, however when money gets involved things get very illegal.

Now obviously this isn't what we are doing. We would be "investing" in Batch. With the return being episodes. Not buying them from him.

Batch, you seen quite up on what you would need to do it, can you put together a list? with links to the items, be specific. So people would know what happens to their money.

What we can do is if we can't get enough money is either return the money (however I think people will not get the full figure back as paypal will take a cut) or give it to http://clothesoffourbacks.org (Jane's charity).
    Need help? Email Me Here

Quote Originally Posted by tjpeople View Post
    This is a long term project it wont happen overnight.

My main issue is the possible perception of the exchange of money for episodes. I support the sharing of episodes, however when money gets involved things get very illegal.

Now obviously this isn't what we are doing. We would be "investing" in Batch. With the return being episodes. Not buying them from him.

Batch, you seen quite up on what you would need to do it, can you put together a list? with links to the items, be specific. So people would know what happens to their money.

What we can do is if we can't get enough money is either return the money (however I think people will not get the full figure back as paypal will take a cut) or give it to http://clothesoffourbacks.org (Jane's charity).

The charity thing is a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by live4mitm View Post
    I think we should make this as soon as we can, the main things were discussed so the donation request should be placed on the news site, and Batch really wants to do it? When he only has 3 months of freetime than this isn't enough for all the episodes.
    I'd need to check exactly which seasons Sky is airing in HD. If seasons 4-7, that's 88 episodes so almost exactly 3 months. Seasons 5-7 would take less time.

At the moment it would require:

HDMI Splitter (35)
    0.5m HDMI cable (7)
    HD FURY 2 (144)
    Hauppauge HD PVR (160)
    Last edited by Batch; Jun 8, 2009 at 11:15 AM.