Malcolm in the Middle HD Episodes? - Page 10
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Malcolm in the Middle HD Episodes?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyno View Post
    I'll ask the same question: what about this project?
    I don't have the time at the moment to make it happen.

Need help? Email Me Here

all eps where filmed in HD but they where saved to SD 720x480 16:9 but then after a couple of seasons they changed to 35mm film so then saved the eps to to 1920x1080p but because fox only broadcast in 720p so there was no 1920x1080 but if fox broadcast in 1920x1080 and played the eps again we would have 1920x1080 eps

because of all the music that they used on Malcolm in the middle there will never be any other seasons besides session 1 on dvd as it would cost them way to much to get the copyrights for all the music/songs used

Quote Originally Posted by Widescreen View Post
    all eps where filmed in HD but they where saved to SD 720x480 16:9 but then after a couple of seasons they changed to 35mm film so then saved the eps to to 1920x1080p but because fox only broadcast in 720p so there was no 1920x1080 but if fox broadcast in 1920x1080 and played the eps again we would have 1920x1080 eps

because of all the music that they used on Malcolm in the middle there will never be any other seasons besides session 1 on dvd as it would cost them way to much to get the copyrights for all the music/songs used
    Welcome Widescreen, you are right in some ways wrong in others.

All the episodes where shot on film. Film can be converted (scanned) to SD (standard definition) or HD (high definition).

As far as we know only season 6 & 7 have been converted to HD. I'm sure the original film remains and therefore there could be HD releases of earlier seasons.

For some of the original broadcasts (and broadcasts to this day, depending on the channel) and the season 1 DVD the episodes where cropped to 4:3.

These where later re-broadcast in 16:9 widescreen.

Season 6 & 7 where broadcasts in HD.

We don't know what resolution the film was converted at, so they may have to re-do season 6 & 7 if they wanted to have 1080p HD.

You are correct in saying music rights issues are an issue for season 2, however we don't know if this effects later seasons and there may well be other reasons for the lack of DVD releases.
    Need help? Email Me Here

Hello everybody !

What's news about HD episodes ?

Recently I've had the equipment to record in HD and I have a few episodes but I'm french and it's only french language in channel TV France ...
    Screenshot of season 2 : http://nsa25.casimages.com/img/2012/...1352319839.png

Hmm... my computer could probably handle it. (64-bit, dedicated video card, etc.) The only thing for me is money. I don't exactly have that much just floating around. I'd really like to help with the project, though.

Quote Originally Posted by screamjojo View Post
    Hello everybody !

What's news about HD episodes ?

Recently I've had the equipment to record in HD and I have a few episodes but I'm french and it's only french language in channel TV France ...
    Screenshot of season 2 : http://nsa25.casimages.com/img/2012/...1352319839.png

The episodes on Paris Premiere are the same as the episodes you can see on M6 which are not in HD it's just upscaled and the worst thing is they cropped the 4:3 format to make a 14:9 TV format which sucks when you know that all this show does actually exists in 16:9.

Another time french TV is lame...

I have the complete season 2 in widescreen (not HD but at least it's 16:9) and it's in french. I also have some episodes from the season 1,3,4,5,6 and 7 in french widescreen.

HD episodes of the entire season 7 are available here:

http://www.amazon.com/Burning-Man-HD/dp/B00622DCOQ

I haven't read through the entire thread, but if its not been discussed already, I know of a place that offers season 7 in 720p, however it is only in French. Doesn't stop the sound tracks being easily replaced though.
    Also; haven't got a clue whether there are cuts to the episodes or not, but if anyone is interested, I guess I could grab them and do something with them.

I am the guy who uploaded the season 7 in french and HD.

You can get the episodes in english here: http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/...ead.php?t=6749

Quote Originally Posted by Magic-J View Post
    I am the guy who uploaded the season 7 in french and HD.

You can get the episodes in english here: http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/...ead.php?t=6749
    Cheers for that.