Malcolm in the Middle HD Episodes?

Batch

Thanks TJ.

I can confirm seasons 1 to 3 are just upscaled. Season 4 starts airing July 1st, so i'll check then, here's hoping so.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Thats a shame. Because season 4 and 5 didn't air in HD, I'm not holding my breath. Because they would have had to have re-scanned the film for HD.

Maybe we could contact SKY and they'd be able to tell us in advance.

However this of course doesn't rule out getting High resolution upscalled versions of earlier seasons. What do people think?

We will be collecting in USD$ because most visitors are from the states. However it doesn't matter where you live as Paypal does the conversion.

I'm setting the minimum at $15 (which is about £9 & €10.50)

Last edited:

live4mitm

Hey, that's cool that you guys do all the stuff, I really would like to have the upscaled seasons too. 720p or 1080i/p? And 15$ is absolutely OK, but I think we have to make little Samples to that the donors know what they get, from the HD and upscaled ones.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
I'm not sure if we are going to be able to get exact samples. We need the equipment first...

We can give "general" samples, such as the ones posted in this thread.

MITM_Fan

Batch is checking for sure, which seasons are broadcast in HD.

I'm setting up the donations system.

Donors will have access to a special sub-forum where the episodes will be posted.

heh hope £5 or £10 that what I can afford really, sorry it isn't more.

AlexTheMartian

I can probably do $20 USD, only if I know for sure this can't be mistaken as buying episodes, because that is illegal and i am not doing anything illegal. however I am more than happy to help someone afford HD and computer equipment.

Richiepiep

Administrator
Because I don't have HD TV, and don't have some super broadband connection and unlimited disk space, I'm sorry but I won't contribute. I'm not likely to spend months downloading.

I'm really quite happy with the Torrents you put up (thanks a bunch, again!) and my own heart-warmingly nostalgic grainy videotape and DVD recordings with those lovely chunky Dutch subtitles stuck under them!

Rich

(Not to mention those company logos and parental advisory labels splashed all over it - yes, you get used to them, even attached after a while ;))

Lparsons7981

Because I don't have HD TV, and don't have some super broadband connection and unlimited disk space, I'm sorry but I won't contribute. I'm not likely to spend months downloading.

I'm really quite happy with the Torrents you put up (thanks a bunch, again!) and my own heart-warmingly nostalgic grainy videotape and DVD recordings with those lovely chunky Dutch subtitles stuck under them!

Rich

(Not to mention those company logos and parental advisory labels splashed all over it - yes, you get used to them, even attached after a while ;))

Same for me in regards to disk space. These regular definition episodes are just about filling what is left of my hard drive after my music etc. The difference is great, but not worth it in my situation. I might donate though just to help out if I get some cash in the near future.

AlexTheMartian

can always just go down to a electronics store and buy an external hard drive.

Once you plug them in and connect them with USB, Firewire, or eSATA (those are in ascending order of speed, use the fastest you can), then they show up exactly the same in your computer as your internal hard drive.

They now even sell 1.5 TB and 2 TB hard drives, a TB is roughly 1000 GB, can you imagine what you can do with drives that large!

Batch

They now even sell 1.5 TB and 2 TB hard drives, a TB is roughly 1000 GB, can you imagine what you can do with drives that large!

I'm currenty using 2.8/3.5tb that I have. Without HD these would not be necessary, but when each Blu-ray rip comes in at 10-15gb and a TV series in HD about 25gb, they quickly fill up!

MITM_Fan

I'm currenty using 2.8/3.5tb that I have. Without HD these would not be necessary, but when each Blu-ray rip comes in at 10-15gb and a TV series in HD about 25gb, they quickly fill up!

Yes about that each season will take up 20-25GB because they are in HD [1.8GB] possibly.

live4mitm

I think for the best TV Show you could buy an external HDD, it isn't more expensive than the DVDs or Blu-Rays would have been.

When are we able to donate?

Last edited:

MITM_Fan

A 1TB Hard disk has 930GB-950GB, as so as a 500GB has 465GB in max and a 160GB has 152GB.

It sounds cool to say "I have 1TB" I do indeed but it's 931GB in maximum.

Approx the complete serie in HD will be around 175GB.

live4mitm

When I record one episode from SDTV it its 750 MB (mpeg2). So HD is much better, but only a little bit bigger. And let's stop the discuss about HDDs.

Tyno

Malcolm-France
As some other members said, I'm concerned about the size of those HD rips that you propose. Personally, I am not interessed in getting 1080i rips, nor 720p. It's more the widescreen aspect that I want, actually.

Wouldn't it be possible to convert the 1080i or 720p rips that you would make in 175 Mo rips as well? You know, regular so called "HDTV" rips. That way, more people would be likely to donate.

diviniquity

Would a CAM solution really be that precarious? The Hauppage PVR's quality is good, but analog recordings are always going to be inferior.

I think that the people who are complaining about drive space/internet speed now will eat their words as their TV screens get larger (XVID looks bad enough on a 22" screen, let alone 50"+), but it shouldn't be difficult to make smaller XVID encodes as well.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Would a CAM solution really be that precarious? The Hauppage PVR's quality is good, but analog recordings are always going to be inferior.

I think that the people who are complaining about drive space/internet speed now will eat their words as their TV screens get larger (XVID looks bad enough on a 22" screen, let alone 50"+), but it shouldn't be difficult to make smaller XVID encodes as well.

The CAM solution is very precarious, it could stop working any day now. We can't invest in a system that will break.

Watch the samples posted earlier in the thread, they are very good. I agree in theory pure digital will be better however I'm not sure whether we will notice any real difference.

Smaller XviD encodes can of course be made, thats not an issue, however thats not the focus here.

MITM_Fan

As some other members said, I'm concerned about the size of those HD rips that you propose. Personally, I am not interessed in getting 1080i rips, nor 720p. It's more the widescreen aspect that I want, actually.

Wouldn't it be possible to convert the 1080i or 720p rips that you would make in 175 Mo rips as well? You know, regular so called "HDTV" rips. That way, more people would be likely to donate.

He can do HDTV-Rips with actual HD quality, remember BR-Rips (Blu-Ray Rips) for DivX home players? that has the same quality but it was downscaled to 700x304 so you see it's possible here too.

Maybe 175mb won't do but 200-230mb will, hmm.. 720p usually on scene are all about 500mb that's not very big. :D That's great for small Hard Drives.