Re-Encode MITM episodes?

MITM_Fan

Hi,

I was thinking if anyone here has experience doing encodes using AviSynth, they could make the episodes have superior quality by meaning the use of filters.

Doing them in x264 would be great but only if that person knows about A-S.

Oh and btw, I thought of saying "upscaling" but I thought about them and upscales do suck seriously, not really to do, it's pretty better to have High Resolution instead of Upscales.

Thanks.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Yes, its possible to tweak things but without the raw source files, there isn't a lot you can do.

AlexTheMartian

ins't encoding basically adding a compressor? so wouldn't compressing again mean possibly lower quality? I would only do such a thing if it is a great benefit (such as greatly reducing file size to get close to the same quality)

Now, on the other hand, filters maybe could be something that improves image quality, and if it shows to do such a thing, I say sure go do it.

and i don't understand what Upscaling is... wouldn't resizing a player give the same effect? or is it different

Sorry if I seem unaware of these practices, I am more knowledgeable in the actual media creation and distribution, than the decoding and re-encoding.

However, to some things up, i personally do not really think you can do much to fix the current versions, unless you can get a hold of HD-res files of the episodes somehow