Airing in HD on FX

ArtOfLosing

To my knowledge, FX has begun airing Malcolm In The Middle in HD in the states. Unfortunately, I don't get the FX HD feed (Charter sucks) but the show is shown in letterboxed widescreen on the SD feed and the guide says it's broadcast in HD.

Does FX air the sydicated cuts? I watched one episode and the cold open was intact, so that's a plus. If they're uncut, it'd be great if someone with access to the equipment could capture these episodes in HD.

Batch

Malcolm is also being aired in the UK on Sky1HD, which I am able to watch but not capture. However, it seems only seasons 5 - 7 here are actually shown in HD, not sure if the earlier seasons were shot in HD or not. For just 3 seasons, I can't justify the expense for the capture device.

live4mitm

I would like to have them in HD too, I have a HD HDD Recorder, but I'm living in Germany, the show is airing in SD 4:3 :D.

live4mitm

Please could someone record and upload the malcolm seasons in HD? You can't download them anywhere on the web, only sucking SD.

live4mitm

Is there no one who is living in an area where he can record the MITM Season in HD an upload them? From every other TV show there is a Download in HD, but for the greatest show ever there is not...

reese35

Hey, people. My first time being back here in almost a year! :D But it feels good.

Anyways, good news and bad news - YES. Malcolm is in HD on FX. Bad news - only seasons 6 and 7 are in HD, and they make cuts on the episodes themselves. I.E. - Jamie's storyline in "Dewey's Opera" - cut. Reese's scene in "Motivational Speaker" before he was seen messed up from that chicken coop - cut. And the only cold opener that I know that was cut - Dewey's musical dish act from "Kitty's Back". Other than that, the cold openers are good, the Giants still ring loud and clear, and that Fox TV Studios logo is a better sight than the 20th TV logo.

Last edited:

MITM_Fan

Hey, people. My first time being back here in almost a year! :D But it feels good.

Anyways, good news and bad news - YES. Malcolm is in HD on FX. Bad news - only seasons 6 and 7 are in HD, and they make cuts on the episodes themselves. I.E. - Jamie's storyline in "Dewey's Opera" - cut. Reese's scene in "Motivational Speaker" before he was seen messed up from that chicken coop - cut. And the only cold opener that I know that was cut - Dewey's musical dish act from "Kitty's Back". Other than that, the cold openers are good, the Giants still ring loud and clear, and that Fox TV Studios logo is a better sight than the 20th TV logo.

It's more bad than good news, they take out the originals.. just really like cuz it's in HD, but won't archive as it's that way, I'll just watch it.