Finally, MITM DVD Season 1 - region 2 release in France?

Richiepiep

Administrator
I just read this announcement on the French 'Serieslive'-site (dated Feb. 14), courtesy of our great friends at Malcolm-France (which apparently ultimately derives from the DVD monthly Les Années Laser).

It says that Season One will be officially released in France by Fox, sometime this year. But it doesn't give more information. The editors admit they don't know if this means all original music will be included, or alternative songs to avoid violating (or heavily paying for) music publishing copyrights. They just say L'avenir nous le dira... (Time will tell ...).

But does this at least mean that it will at long last become available in Region 2? Can anyone confirm this news, or is it just one in a long line of rumours and half-truths?

Rich

Links:
http://www.serieslive.com/news-9006-sortie-de-malcolm-en-dvd.html
http://www.malcolm-france.com/news.php?id=224

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for posting Rich, was meaning to get round to this. As far as me and Tyno (who wrote the Malcolm France article) it seems to be pretty certain that Season 1 will be coming to France. However only from 1 source. This would be region 2, and we could assume that there will be French and English sound tracks.

The source suggest that other seasons will follow, however my guess is that they assume other seasons will follow, not understanding that other seasons are not out in US.

However new DVDs regardless of them coming out in France is a good sign for other seasons. But currently we can only guess.

Tyno

Malcolm-France
The editor of Les Années Laser confirmed me that the release was announced in FOX France 2009 catalogue. However, he didn't give me further information regarding the hypothetical release of other seasons.

So basically, yep, time will tell...

Richiepiep

Administrator
Merci bien, Tyno!

Let's hope the French release will at least also include the original soundtrack with French and English subtitles, and possibly also German and other language subtitles!

Rich