Your other favorite shows

Emrysgirl

Malcolm said:
No offense, but I dont like The Simpsons. Specially the last seasons. I dont know why people keeps comparing The Simpsons with MitM. I feel really annoyed when they do that.:mad:
I agree that the last few seasons have been pretty low. But the earlier seasons are priceless. I still watch it regularly, partly b/c of the memories and partly because you'll still find a few good shows (the mother's day/ candy machine/ bear one: "Oh no, the hunter has become the hunter":D ).

Ppl compare it to MitM b/c
  1. Like MITM18 said, disfunctional family.
  2. the standard 3 children thing (trickster oldest child, smart/outcast middle child, weirdo youngest child)
  3. The parents sort off work out too, if you switch them (always angry Homer/Lois, mellowed/sensitive/sometimes crazy Marge)
  4. Zanny plots. They both take things to an extreme (also the case with AD).
  5. Often have separate plot lines.
  6. Also, there are connections: Jane Kaczmarek as a judge.
  7. I might think of more, but that's it for now.

allison

I used to like the Simpsons (but the new episodes really suck)
I like
-King of Queens
-Growing pains (it´s a pretty old sitcom, but I really loved it when I was younger and I still like it)
-Desperate housewives (though I usually hate soaps):D But this one is pretty good in my opinion
-Chibi maruko chan
-home improvement (though I hate Tool Time)

There are probably some other shows I like, too, but that´s all I can think of right now.

@Emrysgirl:

I think you can compare most sitcoms in a way. In most sitcoms there are 3 kids.
-the oldest one is stupid or at least bad at school: Brad (home improvement), Mike (Growing pains), Kelly Bundy, Bridget (8 simple rules)
-but popular: Brad, Mike, Bridget...

-the middle child is the smart one:Malcolm, Randy (HI), Carol (GP), Bud Bundy, Kerry (8SR)
-and pretty short: Randy, Bud Bundy, Kerry, Malcolm...

The youngest child is kind of an outcast and a weirdo: Dewey, Mark (HI), Ben (GP)

Some of the families are dysfunctional, others are not but there defintely are similarities.
BTW Bryan Cranston said that he doesn´t even think that the Wilkersons (or whatever their name is) are a dysfunctional family. They always have dinner together, they care about each other (in their own special way) and things like that.

packer-backer

favorite show?

of course we all love mitm. and to most of us, (including me) it is our favorite show, but i was just wondering beside malcolm in the middle what are some of your other favorites here are my top five

5. everybody loves raymond
4. friends
3.king of queens
2. seinfeld
1. malcolm in the middle (of course)

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Re: favorite show?

It's funny how much TV people watch. I don't watch much television. MITM and the news. CSI (but just the original) and Survivor.

gottaluvem

Hollywood actr on the way
i'm a huge fan of the disney channel..
Phil of the Future
That's so Raven
Even Stevens
Suite Life of Zack and Cody

Oh and i looove anime/manga
.hack//sign
Samurai X
Case Closed
Gundam
Naruto Fruits Basket

Emrysgirl

So, I went through and counted, and apparently SCRUBS is the most polular show among MitM viewers (who have posted in this thread). Interesting:D ! Wonder why that is. Maybe we have a thing for monologues.

gottaluvem said:
That's so Raven
Oh, that's a show. They've been advertising some clothing line associated with it and I was wondering what it was.

allison

Besides Malcolm in the middle I actually just watch the Simpsons sometimes (though I don´t like the newer episodes) and King of Queens. There´s a german show I watch very often which is called TV Total. It´s pretty funny, but it´s no sitcom.

edit:

Now that the 2 threads are put together I can see that I already replied something different. :D The shows I mentioned above are shows I like, but the shows I wrote here are shows I pretty often watch.

packer-backer

Even though the newer simpsons shows arent that great you cant really blame the writers. after 300+ episodes you start to run out of ideas.

packer-backer

My favorite shows are:
Everwood:D
Smallville
7th Heaven
Malcolm in the Middle
The King of Queens
Friends
Everybody Loves Raymond
Charmed
Drake and Josh

(Those are not in order of what I like most.) I know you guys where talking about the Simpsons, and I never really liked the show myself. It's been around for along time, hasn't it? How many seasons?

samboo1

My favorite shows:

Malcolm in the middle (of course!!)
In no order from now-
Friends.
Fresh prince.
My wife and kids.
The simpsons.
Any cooking programs ( I like them ok!?!:D).

Garbage Kills Megan

parties with your mom
I think the simpsons passed it's prime so long ago, that it's too late to stop with dignity. They should just keep the show going forever. So it's something that you just know is always going to be on, like the news.

Emrysgirl

Garbage Kills Megan said:
I think the simpsons passed it's prime so long ago, that it's too late to stop with dignity. They should just keep the show going forever. So it's something that you just know is always going to be on, like the news.
I came to that conclusion some time back. But, the last few eps have been so bad that I've changed my mind. I'll still watch it if it's on though b/c I'm weak and keep hoping they find some way to redeem themselves (like the bear ep. That was reminecent of the early seasons.:D).

Dewey

Minimalistic
  • Special Victims Unit - Without a doubt - this has got to be the best thing on TV!...For sure!!!!!
  • CSI
  • Law and Order
  • King of the Hill
  • Lost (I'm just about hooked now)
  • Cold Case
  • Trial by Jury

reese35

Top 10 Favorite Programs

Everyone sound off! What are your top 10 programs? Here's mine -
  1. MitM (of course!)
  2. South Park
  3. The O.C.