Smokers

Emrysgirl

Deweyrules! said:
Loads of my friends starting smoking during their GCSE's because of 'stress'- which is absurd no one (but a reformed smoker) would start smoking because of 'stress' theres loads of different ways to deal with it.
I know people like that. And its so weird b/c people at the top of the class start smoking/drinking/doing drugs b/c of the stress they have from their courses. So we have all our classes together and deal with simmilar stuff but I never talk outside of school or socialize with them b/c I'm afraid I'll get caught in some awkward situation.

Dewey

Minimalistic
Used to smoke, but I soon stopped.

I still have a load of duty frees in my house that i purchased before I quit...I know that I will never smoke them...but they are just there...about 600 Marlboro

Emrysgirl

Ooh...digging up an old thread. I saw this in my user control panel and realized I had something to add. Also it may be relevant given what we know about up coming eps :D .

This summer, I was volunteering at a hospital. And right outside the hospital door, under a no smoking sign, there'd always always be 3 or 4 nurses smoking.:eek:

That's wrong in so many ways!

It's outside a hospital. Hello...people who are already having trouble breathing going in and out!:Angry:

Under a NO SMOKING sign!:Angry:

They're nurses. They should know better!:Angry:

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Lol that is pretty poor. Even figures of authority occassionally have relapses. For example, it was big news around here a couple of months ago when some police officers vandalized a bar and stole a table and chairs.

Ryebeach

Emrysgirl said:
Ooh...digging up an old thread. I saw this in my user control panel and realized I had something to add. Also it may be relevant given what we know about up coming eps :D .

This summer, I was volunteering at a hospital. And right outside the hospital door, under a no smoking sign, there'd always always be 3 or 4 nurses smoking.:eek:

That's wrong in so many ways!

It's outside a hospital. Hello...people who are already having trouble breathing going in and out!:Angry:

Under a NO SMOKING sign!:Angry:

They're nurses. They should know better!:Angry:
I work at a Doctor's office which is right across the street from a hospital and often during my lunch hour, I will go for a walk around the perimeter of the hospital and every day I walk there will be at least a dozen nurses, technicians and even Doctors smoking right near the entrance to the Emergency Room entrance.:eek: I have nothing against smokers but a little comon sense should tell them that is not the most appropriate place to be smoking.

Jimmy Junior

yardgames said:
... it was big news around here a couple of months ago when some police officers vandalized a bar and stole a table and chairs.
LOL! I can see how that would make the news - like a police station getting burgled...

But seriously, those nurses should be disciplined - not only were they breaking the rules of their workplace, but setting a bad example to members of the public walking in and out; what is an impressionable child to think if they were to see health professionals smoking outside a hospital? If they needed to smoke, either the hospital should set up a designated smoking area away from the public eye (unlikely to happen), or the nurses should have disguised their uniforms with a jumper or coat, and walked away from the hospital to smoke; when I was working in a shop I would always take off my badge and walk up the street if I needed a cigarette.

No offence to anyone here but personally i don't like smoking one bit. Cigarettes cost you a heck of a lot of money plus it's no good for you. There is no point at all. As i'm 13, i don't need to be worried. I won't start so nothing can happen!!

packer-backer

My mom is very serious about smoking. All the time she will warn me about the effects of it. She doesn't need to worry. I really don't think I will ever have the urge for a cigarette. Whenever I see anyone else do it, it just grosses me out.

samboo1

MalcolmReeseDewey said:
No offence to anyone here but personally i don't like smoking one bit.
I dont think anyone 'likes' smoking they just get addicted. Sure theres a small few who do like it and dont want to quit but they will eventually.
BTW; i am one of the people who hate it! lol.