Smokers - Page 5
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Smokers

Default Re: Smokers

Quote Originally Posted by Deweyrules!
    Loads of my friends starting smoking during their GCSE's because of 'stress'- which is absurd no one (but a reformed smoker) would start smoking because of 'stress' theres loads of different ways to deal with it.
    I know people like that. And its so weird b/c people at the top of the class start smoking/drinking/doing drugs b/c of the stress they have from their courses. So we have all our classes together and deal with simmilar stuff but I never talk outside of school or socialize with them b/c I'm afraid I'll get caught in some awkward situation.

In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly crazy -Homer Simpson

Used to smoke, but I soon stopped.

I still have a load of duty frees in my house that i purchased before I quit...I know that I will never smoke them...but they are just there...about 600 Marlboro

Congrads!

Just throw them out, youll be better off.

sell them on ebay. people bid on anything there.
    The jerk formerly known as J.

Ooh...digging up an old thread. I saw this in my user control panel and realized I had something to add. Also it may be relevant given what we know about up coming eps .

This summer, I was volunteering at a hospital. And right outside the hospital door, under a no smoking sign, there'd always always be 3 or 4 nurses smoking.

That's wrong in so many ways!

It's outside a hospital. Hello...people who are already having trouble breathing going in and out!:Angry:

Under a NO SMOKING sign!:Angry:

They're nurses. They should know better!:Angry:
    In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly crazy -Homer Simpson

Lol that is pretty poor. Even figures of authority occassionally have relapses. For example, it was big news around here a couple of months ago when some police officers vandalized a bar and stole a table and chairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Emrysgirl
    Ooh...digging up an old thread. I saw this in my user control panel and realized I had something to add. Also it may be relevant given what we know about up coming eps .

This summer, I was volunteering at a hospital. And right outside the hospital door, under a no smoking sign, there'd always always be 3 or 4 nurses smoking.

That's wrong in so many ways!

It's outside a hospital. Hello...people who are already having trouble breathing going in and out!:Angry:

Under a NO SMOKING sign!:Angry:

They're nurses. They should know better!:Angry:
    I work at a Doctor's office which is right across the street from a hospital and often during my lunch hour, I will go for a walk around the perimeter of the hospital and every day I walk there will be at least a dozen nurses, technicians and even Doctors smoking right near the entrance to the Emergency Room entrance. I have nothing against smokers but a little comon sense should tell them that is not the most appropriate place to be smoking.

Quote Originally Posted by yardgames
    ... it was big news around here a couple of months ago when some police officers vandalized a bar and stole a table and chairs.
    LOL! I can see how that would make the news - like a police station getting burgled...

But seriously, those nurses should be disciplined - not only were they breaking the rules of their workplace, but setting a bad example to members of the public walking in and out; what is an impressionable child to think if they were to see health professionals smoking outside a hospital? If they needed to smoke, either the hospital should set up a designated smoking area away from the public eye (unlikely to happen), or the nurses should have disguised their uniforms with a jumper or coat, and walked away from the hospital to smoke; when I was working in a shop I would always take off my badge and walk up the street if I needed a cigarette.

No offence to anyone here but personally i don't like smoking one bit. Cigarettes cost you a heck of a lot of money plus it's no good for you. There is no point at all. As i'm 13, i don't need to be worried. I won't start so nothing can happen!!
    I'm nearly up to 400 posts!!

My mom is very serious about smoking. All the time she will warn me about the effects of it. She doesn't need to worry. I really don't think I will ever have the urge for a cigarette. Whenever I see anyone else do it, it just grosses me out.
    "The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul; the testimony of the Lord is sure, make wise the simple." (psalm 19:7)
    Bible verse

"I only hate some people, the rest I tolerate." - mr. Barone.