Smokers
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store




Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 51

Thread: Smokers

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Edge Hill, Liverpool
    Age
    40
    Posts
    73

    Default Smokers




    Any smokers here? Actually I'm smoking now, so I was just curious.



    Don't ask ME.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,037

    Default Re: Smokers

    Quote Originally Posted by MITM-Fan
    Any smokers here? Actually I'm smoking now, so I was just curious.

    Tut, tut, bad habit that

    No I don't smoke, mainly because I do Biology and you learn alot of stuff about smoking in biology that puts you right off.

    When I went to Germany it seems like a massive problem, on every street corner their was ciggarette machines selling for $3 a packet.

    In the UK you can't get them for much less than £5 and thats behind a counter!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Edge Hill, Liverpool
    Age
    40
    Posts
    73

    Default Re: Smokers

    I've never been to the UK so far but some friends told me that cigarettes are quite expensive there but at that time I wasn't smoking at all. A deep friend of mine stopped smoking and I just started, isn't that funny?

    And you're right, in Germany there are a lot of cigarette machines. On the corner of the street were I'm located there are two machines standing opposite on one and on the other side of the street.
    But it's ok because the packets became too expensive lately and I buy the ones at the supermarket you have to put together by hand.
    What makes me sad is seeing little kids aged 10 - 13 smoking on the street because of the damn cigarette machines everywhere. And they're smoking just to show off and impress friends and that's really sad, they don't know what they are actually doing to themselves. The same goes for alcohol but I didn't see any drunk kids that age so far in my region. But cigarettes are a problem and you're absolutely right.

    Don't ask ME.


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Munich
    Age
    34
    Posts
    346

    Default Re: Smokers

    I don´t smoke. People say it´s "weird" because everyone else in my family does smoke. But maybe that´s what turned me off. I´m pretty glad I don´t smoke. Of course it´s unhealthy AND as you said very expensive,

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,258

    Default Re: Smokers

    Quote Originally Posted by MITM-Fan
    I've never been to the UK so far but some friends told me that cigarettes are quite expensive there but at that time I wasn't smoking at all. A deep friend of mine stopped smoking and I just started, isn't that funny?

    And you're right, in Germany there are a lot of cigarette machines. On the corner of the street were I'm located there are two machines standing opposite on one and on the other side of the street.
    But it's ok because the packets became too expensive lately and I buy the ones at the supermarket you have to put together by hand.
    What makes me sad is seeing little kids aged 10 - 13 smoking on the street because of the damn cigarette machines everywhere. And they're smoking just to show off and impress friends and that's really sad, they don't know what they are actually doing to themselves. The same goes for alcohol but I didn't see any drunk kids that age so far in my region. But cigarettes are a problem and you're absolutely right.

    Isn't it a bit hypocritical that you say it does horrible things to your body, and then go out and smoke?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Edge Hill, Liverpool
    Age
    40
    Posts
    73

    Default Re: Smokers

    Quote Originally Posted by yardgames
    Isn't it a bit hypocritical that you say it does horrible things to your body, and then go out and smoke?
    yes, sure it is. But it's the same with all other kinds of bad habits, like drinking or eating way too much. And second one is actually my problem, if you didn't know. I started smoking just 1,5 years ago because...I don't remember anymore. (I heard smoking can influence your memorizing abilities of your brain ) But it really helps me stop eating at some point. Well I consider myself not as really FAT or something (I saw people double-sized than me ) but I wasn't satisfied with myself and still I'm not, I feel now much better because I lost a lot of pounds since I started doing physical exercises since the beginning of this year. I know smoking won't make you thinner but it keeps me under control and yeah I sometimes drink too much coffee. Maybe I'll quit if I'm satisfied with myself and I know I can do it!
    But the point is it's very sad the younger kids have to smoke, drink etc...they don't have any reason and they harm themselves for nothing.
    Don't ask ME.


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    483

    Default Re: Smokers

    I don't smoke. I have two uncles who do and I'm sometimes uncomfortable around them (when they talk about smoking or ask if they can smoke around me etc., but that happens very rarely). None of my close friends do either (although I know a lot of ppl who do). Many of them are coffee addicts though. I would be too if I had more money. I don't care what everyone says: Starbucks rocks!!!

    Smoking tops my list of "bad stuff" i.e. cheating on tests, drugs, drinking etc. This is because smoking is the only one that dirrectly harms others. If you want to harm your own body, go ahead...maybe you're life would be worse w/o whatever you're doing than if you're healthy. But smoking can cause serious health problems for those around you.

    Many districts around where I live just imposed a controversial ban on smoking in public places (airport, restaurants, bars, etc).
    In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly crazy -Homer Simpson

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    241

    Default Re: Smokers

    Quote Originally Posted by MITM-Fan
    yes, sure it is. But it's the same with all other kinds of bad habits, like drinking or eating way too much. And second one is actually my problem, if you didn't know. I started smoking just 1,5 years ago because...I don't remember anymore. (I heard smoking can influence your memorizing abilities of your brain ) But it really helps me stop eating at some point. Well I consider myself not as really FAT or something (I saw people double-sized than me ) but I wasn't satisfied with myself and still I'm not, I feel now much better because I lost a lot of pounds since I started doing physical exercises since the beginning of this year. I know smoking won't make you thinner but it keeps me under control and yeah I sometimes drink too much coffee. Maybe I'll quit if I'm satisfied with myself and I know I can do it!
    But the point is it's very sad the younger kids have to smoke, drink etc...they don't have any reason and they harm themselves for nothing.
    when you quit smoking, the side effect will be that you eat more.

    ps: i´m smoking since i am 14.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Edge Hill, Liverpool
    Age
    40
    Posts
    73

    Default Re: Smokers

    Quote Originally Posted by arach
    when you quit smoking, the side effect will be that you eat more.

    ps: i´m smoking since i am 14.
    nope...if I just stick to coffee then I won't

    Don't ask ME.


  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Nobody knows the name of the city where I live; it is in California but it isnt L.A.
    Age
    30
    Posts
    133

    Default Re: Smokers

    I dont smoke.
    My grandfather and my uncle died of cancer, they were not smokers, but I learned how terrible cancer is.
    So, I promised myself I will never smoke in my entire life. Besides, whats so neat about smoking?

    And I dont drink coffee, either.
    And Im not gonna tell you antything about my experiences with crack...

    Just kidding

    "I am Malcolm"

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •