Smokers - Page 3
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Smokers

Default Re: Smokers

Quote Originally Posted by admin
    So what made you guys start smoking - peer pressure, looks, taste, smell, parents?
    some years ago a friend of mine, or was it actually me had these small cigars which smelled and tasted great...so first I started with small cigars just for pleasure. They are expensive, so I started smoking cheaper ones and some day I didn't like them anymore...and I felt like vomiting after smoking them but I knew I could smoke cigarettes instead without any sort of problem and changed to that and here I am.

Don't ask ME.

I'm probably really far behind in this topic, but hey, I'm here now, I might as well post.

I do smoke... DuMaurier cigarettes to be exact. I will smoke just about any type though, except for menthols... theres just something about smoking mint thats very... hard to swallow. haha

Most people i know who started smoking did it at school to look cool and rebelious , but if they avoided that they took it up when they were old enough to drink in pubs, cos alot of people like a fag with a pint. All you Americans are laughing now i know but thats what we call cigarettes!, don't worry we got lots of other terms of homophobic abuse. Still, smokings never appealed to me, the bad points just outweigh the good for me, although i breath in loads of second hand smoke at work (in a betting shop, it's just for the summer). I do other stuff that's bad for me though, i just try and balance these with lookin after myself.
    A few extra footnotes 1) in this thread, someone took offence at being compared to Bill Clinton, but the guys a legend! 2) quit all this talk about starbucks! support your local cafe folks!
    You'll Never Walk Alone!

Quote Originally Posted by Wemboy
    Most people i know who started smoking did it at school to look cool and rebelious
    So did I. Guess it was group pressure. Now it's stuck to me.

I don't even want to quit. I know it's just my addiction that tells me that I don't want to quit, but that's the whole point. You can't stop smoking if you are not 100% sure you want to. That's for the not-smokers out there to understand better. As a smoker, you don't really want to quit. You just say things like "would be better", or "I don't like myself smoking" and stuff, but you don't want to give it up, because your brain (addicted to nicotine) tells you that you would miss something.

I started to collect information about smoking recently. Maybe this will help. I will definetely stop smoking. For sure.

Really.

Quote Originally Posted by Wemboy
    A few extra footnotes 1) in this thread, someone took offence at being compared to Bill Clinton, but the guys a legend! 2) quit all this talk about starbucks! support your local cafe folks!
    The Clintons are awesome! All of them. Even Chelsea.

There's no folkS. It's just me and my obsession (i.e. being on the verge of a Caffeine addiction that I very much want but can't afford). STARBUCKS STARBUCKS. Squash out all the local cafes with their sad taste, small variety and low prices.
    In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly crazy -Homer Simpson

I'm a caffeine junkie. Not coffee, but sugar/soda. I wake up, get some ice tea, and pour a couple packets of sugar in it and I'm got a booster kd of to my energy. Almost like how the space shuttle needs 2 rocket boosters and a fuel tank to get into space.

I don't smoke, but my uncle does. It's really annoying. It smells horrible. :Sick: I'm sorry, but it's the truth. No offence to anyone who does smoke.
    The jerk formerly known as J.

Quote Originally Posted by J.
    I don't smoke, but my uncle does. It's really annoying. It smells horrible. :Sick: I'm sorry, but it's the truth. No offence to anyone who does smoke.
    well, you're right but as a smoker you won't realize after a while. You just have that bad taste in your mouth e. g. when you wake up in the morning, like you've been liking out an ash tray.

Don't ask ME.

Quote Originally Posted by MITM-Fan
    like you've been liking out an ash tray.

Or like you are the ashtray
    In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly crazy -Homer Simpson

I started smoking because I was having a very stressful time at school and all my mates smoked. I totally wish I hadn't started now - it's expensive, now considered antisocial and I find it more difficult to concentrate and remember things.

I would never smoke, its very rude when people smoke near the doors of buildings and near children.