Ads on MITMVC for Fake DVD Sites - Report Them

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
As I'm sure you will notice we run Google ads on the site, which help to cover the costs of running the site.

The ads that come up are automatic and not approved prior to appearing.

A popular ad that appears is for one of the many sites with different domains, but by the same people, that offer fake complete sets of MITM DVDs.

As it says in our FAQ - these sites are run by scammers and the DVDs are fakes, which you may not even receive.

I hate the fact that we might in some way be supporting such sites and some users may see the ads on our site as a sign that they are OK to use.

I am able to block certain domains and stop the ads. However as these sites have many domains and they keep adding new ones, its not possible for me to block them all in one. Also different ads come up depending on your location.

That's why I need your help, if you see an ad for these fake DVDs, take note of the domain (in blue) and PM me.

Thanks for your help.

Banned Sites List [Updated: May 31, 2010]

Don't visit or purchase anything from these sites!

bluedvdshop.com
classicmediadvd.com
classictvmedia.com
clickdvdhouse.com
clickdvdshows.com
clickdvdstore.com
dcmagicbox.com
dfxcollections.com
dvdclassicsonline.com
dvdmedianova.com
dvdmediastar.com
dvdmediauniverse.com
dvdone.tv
dvdventures.com
extremeproductreviews.com
idvdshop.com
livedvdstore.com
magicdvdcollections.com
planetdvdhouse.com
planetdvdstore.com
planetmediastore.com
stardvdcollections.com
tvaddicts.tv
tvdvdboxsets.com
tvdvdmania.com
tvdvdstore.net
tvmediaoutlet.com
tvshowmonster.com
vrdvdcollections.com
BlueDVDBox.com
ClickDVDMedia.com
EVODvdStar.com
dvdspacecollections.com
ClickDVDMania.com
ClickDVDShop.com
TvDVDBonanza.com
TvDVDOutlet.com
dvdsetsshop.co.uk
TvDVDWarehouse.com
ioffer.com
dvdsohot.com
DCDVDCollections.com
TVDVDExchange.com
LifeTimeDvd.com
dsquareddvd.com

Last edited:

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
I've decided to add the rather large list of blocked ad domains, many will have expired or been shut down, I'll update the list whenever I find and block a new one.

W

we_dye

HI TJ.

I saw a banner advert (ads by Google) for the site: dvdsetsshop.co.uk.

The banner and the linked site claims to sell a Cold Case seasons 1-6 box set. This doesn't exist. In fact, no Cold Case seasons are currently available to purchase.

This was advertised tonight (9 January 2010). It would be good if you reported this site and allowed tese criminal gangs to be put in jail.

MITM_Fan

Thank god Amazon doesn't allow fake box sets, or solo fake seasons for sale or anything fake.

I'm surprised not to see eBay on the list, once in everywhile a seller gives a shot to sell fake items, how safe is eBay for MITM stuff?

Since I discovered Amazon I never went back to eBay, it's insane, most of the sales are by biddings while at Amazon it's buy it now, which suits me and doesn't waste time.:cool:

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
HI TJ.

I saw a banner advert (ads by Google) for the site: dvdsetsshop.co.uk.

The banner and the linked site claims to sell a Cold Case seasons 1-6 box set. This doesn't exist. In fact, no Cold Case seasons are currently available to purchase.

This was advertised tonight (9 January 2010). It would be good if you reported this site and allowed tese criminal gangs to be put in jail.

Thanks, I've added them to our block list, so the ads should stop showing up. Sadly there is no easy way for me to 'report' them, I just can stop them showing up on our site.

PeterU

Super Moderator
Here's another site advertising all seven seasons on DVD I just noticed:

TvDVDWarehouse.com

W

we_dye

Not seen an advert for fake DVDs lately, but recently saw one for viagara pills.

When you have something the size of a Kit-Kat finger and want it to be the size of a Toffee Crisp, it is kind of tempting, but I thought you guys should know about it.