Watch Frankie Muniz in 'Extreme Movie' [DVD Release]

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Front Page Post

Frankie_Muniz_-_Parental_Guidance_Suggested_MITMVC_.jpg

Frankie Muniz (Malcolm) filmed another movie last year before going into racing that is also yet to be released and there is little information on when it will - Parental Guidance Suggested is a teen sketch sex comedy. There is no trailer and the only image of Frankie in the film is the one above.

Muniz stars as a teen who loses his virginity with his girlfriend (Schneider), only to find she wants to take things much further, including farm animals and midgets. In the film's one ongoing sketch, Pinkston (best known as the kid prankster on MTV's first season of "Punk'd") plays an average high-schooler who falls for the cutest girl in his class but finds he's looking for love in all the wrong places.
We will keep you up-to date with any more information.

Source: hollywoodreporter.com

Last edited:

Ryebeach

[See Front Page Post for Video]

<em>Parental Guidance Suggested</em> like <a href="http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/2008/01/15/frankie-munizs-my-sexiest-year-update/"><em>My Sexiest Year</em></a> has been a long awaited film starring Frankie Muniz. <a href="http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/2007/09/16/frankie-munizs-parental-guidance-suggested-photo/">We have had very little information</a>, its a teen sketch sex comedy, there is no trailer yet and the only image of Frankie in the film <a href="http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/2007/09/16/frankie-munizs-parental-guidance-suggested-photo/">is here</a>. <strong>It has however been renamed <em>Extreme Movie</em></strong> and is set to be released by DIMENSION EXTREME, Dimension Films new DVD distribution arm which describes itself as, <em>"home to the most intense, edgy and provocative programming that will continually push the envelope".</em>

There is no release date as of yet but I'd expect it in the first half of this year. You can see the titles of the film above, created by <a href="http://thenovaproject.com/em.html" title="Source" target="_blank">The Nova Project</a>.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryebeach

Extreme Movie will be released unrated on DVD on Tuesday, April 1, 2008 by new distributor DIMENSION EXTREME. Frankie's character is named Chuck and the film's run time is 75 minutes.

Extreme Movie is currently available for pre-order from Amazon.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I liked Parental Guidance Suggested better; I forgot they renamed it and had no iea what this thread was about!

D

Deleted member 1693

I have to agree with YG. 'Extreme Movie' is so vague.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I have to agree with YG. 'Extreme Movie' is so vague.
It reminds me of Extreme Makeover. It's funny because Extreme Makeover Home Edition is the only one still on the air so it's not really an "edition" at all anymore. Now we have Extreme Makeover Movie Edition.

D

Deleted member 1693

...Minus the 'makeover'. :D And yes, I've actually never seen another version myself.

Speaking of makeovers, I'm getting my hair completely redone tomorrow. I usually don't care that much how other people see me, but this is for me. I'm so glad that scraggly mass on my head is finally going to turn into something useful.

Ryebeach

Dimension Extreme, the DVD distributor for "Extreme Movie" has set a release date of September 2nd for the film.

Here's the cover art for the DVD:

ExtremeMovieDVDCoverArt2.jpg

*As always, release dates are subject to change without notice.*

Last edited:

Dabney

Deutscher Moderator
Actually I was really looking forward to seeing this movie, but the cover looks horrible :mellow:

Ryebeach

Wait....so Parental Guidance Suggested is now officially called Extreme Movie? That's a dumb name!
Yeah... Parental Guidance Suggested was simply the working title. Once complete, it was changed (could have been the distributors call rather than the film makers) to Extreme Movie. I preferred the working title; thought it was kind of inventive.

MalcolmFun

Well the idea this was just a silly teen movie is out the window. The Dimension Extreme website seems to indicate they release exclusively unrated movies. The pics, which I wont post, show thier is some nudity. It seems possible it is being sent straight to DVD because it could not get an R rating.

Looks like it was pushed back towards the end of the year.

Ryebeach

Well the idea this was just a silly teen movie is out the window. The Dimension Extreme website seems to indicate they release exclusively unrated movies. The pics, which I wont post, show thier is some nudity. It seems possible it is being sent straight to DVD because it could not get an R rating.

Looks like it was pushed back towards the end of the year.

Yeah, it doesn't seem as though Dimension Extreme is not in any great rush to release this movie... Sometime in December is the current timeframe for DVD release. Subject to change, of course.

You're right, DE specializes in unrated horror and comedy films that push the limits in terms of violence, gore and nudity.

Originally the film was going to be released by regular Dimension Films, which would have brought it to theaters (with an R rating, most likely) but I think you're right in that the film's content was just too much for an R rating and thus the delay in release and the move to Dimension Extreme.

Ryebeach

A brief update; Extreme Movie did end up receiving a 'R' rating from the MPAA and subsequently, Dimension Films decided a limited release (50 theaters at most) would be the way to go before making its way to DVD. The film will open in select markets on December 5th.