Watch Frankie Muniz in 'Extreme Movie' [DVD Release] - Page 2
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Watch Frankie Muniz in 'Extreme Movie' [DVD Release]

Wait....so Parental Guidance Suggested is now officially called Extreme Movie? That's a dumb name!

Quote Originally Posted by yardgames View Post
    Wait....so Parental Guidance Suggested is now officially called Extreme Movie? That's a dumb name!
    Yeah... Parental Guidance Suggested was simply the working title. Once complete, it was changed (could have been the distributors call rather than the film makers) to Extreme Movie. I preferred the working title; thought it was kind of inventive.

Aw, me too. How annoying.
    you wanna follow the laws of man?
    bloody apron, leg of lamb.
    it's so hard to win...
    when there's so much to lose.

so...has it been released anywhere?
    cause i cant find it in dutch stores

Quote Originally Posted by theduchboy View Post
    so...has it been released anywhere?
    cause i cant find it in dutch stores
    It hasn't been released anywhere yet. It'll be released on DVD in the US on September 2nd. I'm not sure when it'll be available in other countries.

Well the idea this was just a silly teen movie is out the window. The Dimension Extreme website seems to indicate they release exclusively unrated movies. The pics, which I wont post, show thier is some nudity. It seems possible it is being sent straight to DVD because it could not get an R rating.

Looks like it was pushed back towards the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by MalcolmFun View Post
    Well the idea this was just a silly teen movie is out the window. The Dimension Extreme website seems to indicate they release exclusively unrated movies. The pics, which I wont post, show thier is some nudity. It seems possible it is being sent straight to DVD because it could not get an R rating.

Looks like it was pushed back towards the end of the year.
    Yeah, it doesn't seem as though Dimension Extreme is not in any great rush to release this movie... Sometime in December is the current timeframe for DVD release. Subject to change, of course.

You're right, DE specializes in unrated horror and comedy films that push the limits in terms of violence, gore and nudity.

Originally the film was going to be released by regular Dimension Films, which would have brought it to theaters (with an R rating, most likely) but I think you're right in that the film's content was just too much for an R rating and thus the delay in release and the move to Dimension Extreme.

Now it is possibly coming to Comedy Central? highly edited I assume

http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/pro...014&id=9269694

Quote Originally Posted by MalcolmFun View Post
    Now it is possibly coming to Comedy Central? highly edited I assume

http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/pro...014&id=9269694
    Very interesting. Thanks for the info and link, MalcolmFun. I don't think the film is all that long, unrated. Surely, there will be a lot that has to be edited out for a cable premiere and I guess extra commercials will make up the time? Hmm.

A brief update; Extreme Movie did end up receiving a 'R' rating from the MPAA and subsequently, Dimension Films decided a limited release (50 theaters at most) would be the way to go before making its way to DVD. The film will open in select markets on December 5th.